Discuss pir code in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

code 4 IMO. unless there's a potential danger, then it's a code 2. BRB Section 314

Last edited:
is it an old CU with insufficient ways?

Really need to know the rating of the cooker, and what other loads are on the ring.
A 20A cooker, will not on it's own overload a ring. However a 30A cooker anywhere outside of the middle third of the ring, will cause one leg to be overloaded.
If there are other high current appliances connected to the ring, they will also affect the load on each leg.
With the lights, we need to know the CCC of the cable.
If it's greater than 10A, then no code. If less, then code 2.

even if >10A i would give it a code 4 under section 314. (division of circuits)

Reply to pir code in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Another thread asked about two circuits sharing a common multi-core cable and regulation 521.8.1 was mentioned. A friend of mine has inherited...
Replies
Views
Hi, Heavy industrial spark here, never do house bashing hence the question. I currently have a light switch at the front door not doing anything...
Replies
Views
Hi! DIYer here. I have an MCB running to a cooker isolator switch. The RCD connected to this set of MCBs is tripping and isolating the cooker MCB...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock