Discuss PIR Corridor Lighting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I've got a job to replace loads of lighting to all corridors in a few large nursing homes, the customer wants:

"all the lights to be controlled by PIR movement sensors, the movement senors are to be connected to and controlled by daylight senors, which are to be located to ensure that no areas are left in relative darkness"

How would you interpret that? I'm not quite sure what they're asking for, sorry in advance if I'm being thick!

Put daylight sensors in the darkest area's on sunlight and pirs in the areas that are required I.e so they capture all entrances to the area. I'd take the switch line though the daylight sensors them to the pirs then to the fittings.

That's what I make of it

Put daylight sensors in the darkest area's on sunlight and pirs in the areas that are required I.e so they capture all entrances to the area. I'd take the switch line though the daylight sensors them to the pirs then to the fittings.

That's what I make of it

Thanks for your reply Robert, are you saying that if the darkest area becomes too dark (say below 100lux) then the PIR'S would then become active? or that the lights should just switch on without PIR's being activated so in effect they would be on from dusk til dawn regardless?

TLC is brilliant, gives you a picture a description and the cost great website

I'd agree. They're my "default" supplier because you generally know exactly what you're ordering and how much you'll pay. They do give a small additional discount for larger orders, but I don't rely on this for pricing. I think that suppliers who don't make it easy to order online are missing out big time.

That's a good point they would make a killing if they caught on.
Always seem to get on their website when I'm quoting and need prices for things that aren't the norm

The only thing about a pir with a light sensor is the dark places aren't likely to be the places you want to locate the pir. But if they are then it'll save time. Danlers make good sensors. Flush and surface and even one for a conduit box

The PIR sensors I have used have 2 pots which you adjust with a screwdriver -one for distance, one for light level. You can adjust the distance from the PIR to where someone will activate it and you can adjust the minimum light level before the lights will come on.

Reply to PIR Corridor Lighting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock