Discuss PIR from hell in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

spark-doctor

This is quite easly the worst place i have seen in 15 years. I have only scratched the surface and am still doing the visual inspection part, have only done a couple of tests on circuits i found with visual faults. Am going to be there for about another 3 days. It is a hotel in Dorset, with new tenants. Just moved in and have discovered that hardley anything works properly.

PIR from hell Photo-0092 - EletriciansForums.net

PIR from hell Photo-0095 - EletriciansForums.net

PIR from hell Photo-0097 - EletriciansForums.net

PIR from hell Photo-0098 - EletriciansForums.net

PIR from hell Photo-0055 - EletriciansForums.net

PIR from hell Photo-0074 - EletriciansForums.net

PIR from hell Photo-0100 - EletriciansForums.net

PIR from hell Photo-0105 - EletriciansForums.net

PIR from hell Photo-0106 - EletriciansForums.net

PIR from hell Photo-0109 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
thats looking good, to be honest as a new spark I wouldn't know where to start :S but let us know how you get on in the next few days, you working all weekend ?

thanks for uploading the photos!!!!! keep em coming

Yep, got to work all weekend. Where i am, nobody wants you in during the week except for breakdowns and we are in the busy period but weekends are usaly the changeover period.

I am dreading what else i am going to find in this place.:mad:

From hell...or heaven?

Judging from the photos they can´t really complain about the amount of code 1´s and 2´s you put down.

3 days work? So you´ll get 600-900 quid out of it and if they don´t want the remedial work carried out then you´ve still had a reasonable earner - on the other hand, if they do, then there´s more work for you.

It is getting worse. I finished the visual check today and started on the testing. Amazed that no one has been hurt in this place.

1) No earth bonding ANYWHERE except to the gas pipe and that was 3m from the meter and a new clamp on a painted pipe.
2) Not one RCD in the place.
3) They have exported PME to a shed with 8 large chest freezers, 40m away with 2.5 SWA. Did not bury cable, just layed it in the flower bed.
4) One CU was just sat ontop of another as they could not fix it because of the amount and postion of the cables coming out of the back.

The list goes on and on. I have run out of space in the observations box on the form. Is looking more and more like a rewire.

Will post some more pictures when i have had my dinner and done some paperwork.

It is getting worse. I finished the visual check today and started on the testing. Amazed that no one has been hurt in this place.

1) No earth bonding ANYWHERE except to the gas pipe and that was 3m from the meter and a new clamp on a painted pipe.
2) Not one RCD in the place.
3) They have exported PME to a shed with 8 large chest freezers, 40m away with 2.5 SWA. Did not bury cable, just layed it in the flower bed.
4) One CU was just sat ontop of another as they could not fix it because of the amount and postion of the cables coming out of the back.

The list goes on and on. I have run out of space in the observations box on the form. Is looking more and more like a rewire.

Will post some more pictures when i have had my dinner and done some paperwork.

My mistake....I did wire this one :)

quote]

NO earth bonding?

NO EARTH BONDING:eek:

you gonna put that on the report are you?

If you gave that to me i would laugh, rip it up and send you on your way

mate should you be doing PIR's?

Presumably you have 2391? How did you get it if you dont know the basic terminology?

Now then, back of the class, hands on your head, and face the wall:p

Whilst I appreciate that on any form of report the terminology has to be correct I am sure that there are not many of us within the forum who have not done work involving 13amp sockets on a "ring main" or even replaced a "bulb". (Bulbs ar things you put in the ****ing garden, as my old tutor used to shout at the class!!) :(:eek: Infact look at the title of the icon in the post icons section below the reply space.:rolleyes:

Back to the subject of the thread, this is a beauty, it makes you wonder what the person who installed it thought he was doing. The thing is if you now update it and fit rcds etc it will start to trip out owing to appliances and you will be confronted with that wonderful phrase, "we never had any problems like this until you started working on it".

If you get the remedials good luck, it should keep you busy for quite a while.

Fair play theres some beauties there. I would imagine you'll discover some more horrors when you test.

Got something similar coming up in an old farm building with stables. Electrical work over the years has just been added to and no one has really taken responsibility for work at the distribution board which is hanging off the wall with more holes in it than Swiss cheese. No RCD in place either with two electric showers and sockets in outhouses and stables all over.

Might have to look at changing that.

we changed a consumer unit (an old fuse board) in one of our units the other week, been there for donkeys it had

there was a ring fnal, and a radial going out to a FCU for a boiler.

when we tested it, one leg of the ring was in the fuse supplying the radial, and the radial was joined with the other leg of the ring in the 30A fuse:eek:

and yes, it HAD PIR's 'done' on it and signed off......freekin' cowboys

quote]

NO earth bonding?

NO EARTH BONDING:eek:

you gonna put that on the report are you?

If you gave that to me i would laugh, rip it up and send you on your way

mate should you be doing PIR's?

Presumably you have 2391? How did you get it if you dont know the basic terminology?

Now then, back of the class, hands on your head, and face the wall:p

A pedant, or pædant, is a person who is overly concerned with formalism and precision, or who makes a show of learning. The corresponding (obsolete) female noun is pedantess. Someone overly concerned with minutiae and whose tone is perceived as condescending.
i know what he means, you know what he means.

with no main earth or main equipotential bonding,you should leave the testing well alone, jank the install, write a quote and start again, also guarantee your work for 12 months.

Reply to PIR from hell in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock