Discuss PIR problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MICKYSPARKY

got to do a PIR on a domestic installation, had a quick look to give me an idea what i was letting myself in for.looked at lighting circuit dropped a ceiling rose down, two wires live and neutral no earth, metal switch faces metal light fittings. can't see anything in REGs. does it require a warning notice for not having an adequate earth. and what about the testing.

sorry chaps for having a gripe, friday yhe 13th and all that

Code 2 defect for metal assessories on a lighting circuit with no cpc. - it needs to be changed to plastic fittings to comply.
Will probably also mean a LIM on the ELI readings on the cert.

got to do a PIR on a domestic installation, had a quick look to give me an idea what i was letting myself in for.looked at lighting circuit dropped a ceiling rose down, two wires live and neutral no earth, metal switch faces metal light fittings. can't see anything in REGs. does it require a warning notice for not having an adequate earth. and what about the testing.

sorry chaps for having a gripe, friday yhe 13th and all that

That's a film, isn't it?

Surely, its got nothing to do with electrics?

Electricity as dangerous on Friday the 14th, lol !!!!

well, if you took time off scheming how to catch the roadrunner, you'd be in front.

If I sound critical it's not personal but the whole tone of your post sounds like you are out of your depth to do a PIR, that's not a bad thing being out of your depth as long as you know it and don't take the job on, do have quals/and /or experience of inspection and testing ?
ATB J

never is at the weekend. the TV producers seem to think we're all on the pi$$ friday to sunday.

Reply to PIR problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock