Discuss PIR Problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bluenose1940

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hello folks, I have just had a PIR fitted by a qualified electrician but am having problems with it. I'm sure that I don't need to go back to him with the problem, I couldn't anyway as he has gone off on hols now.

The problem that I have is, the lights keep being activated even in the very bright sunshine this morning

Wherever I set the controls makes no difference.

Any thoughts anyone please?

Many thanks.

sounds like a faulty PIR. you will have to wait till he's back and get him to check it and replace if needed.

sounds like a faulty PIR. you will have to wait till he's back and get him to check it and replace if needed.

Take the bulb, sorry lamp out in the meanwhile

after having completed a risk assessment, use of ladders, full PPE including heat resistant gloves, banksman to foot ladder and control passing traffic, motor and pedestrian.

after having completed a risk assessment, use of ladders, full PPE including heat resistant gloves, banksman to foot ladder and control passing traffic, motor and pedestrian.

You forgot a method statement, safe system of work, full electrical isolation etc etc etc

well, it' is bloody sunday. also i forgot the cones and barrier tape. can't all be perfect. i settle for 99.99%

well, it' is bloody sunday. also i forgot the cones and barrier tape. can't all be perfect. i settle for 99.99%

OK then that will have to do then

Under the PIR you will see a dial with a "sun" sign above it. This alters when the light comes on in what brightness of daylight. Turn it to the half way point and see if it make a difference.

Did the "sparky" leave you the instructions. Sounds like you need to review them, and as Paul m above says, try adjusting the lux level?

Thanks chaps, yes I have tried all different settings from minimum to maximum on both dials, any number of combinations really, all to no effect though.

Yes I do have the instructions.

Thanks chaps, yes I have tried all different settings from minimum to maximum on both dials, any number of combinations really, all to no effect though.

Yes I do have the instructions.

Faulty PIR then, it's happened to all of us. Wait until your electrician comes back from holiday and ask him to change it.

Reply to PIR Problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net