Discuss PIR query in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bangtest

Hi,
doing a PIR on a property next week. Went yesterday to have a quick look for pricing.IMAG0020.jpg
This is the suppliers head. Not seen one like this before. The original TNCS earth is solid connection from the sheath to the side of the box - can be seen in the photo.
Someone has used a cable clamp to connect a more meaty earth.
So my question is - is this ok? Not done any testing as yet, even if Ze is ok, still seems as bit ropey.
Any advice/pointers on what exactly to report on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

it's TN-S, not TNC-S. the solid connection is the original DNO earthing.the problem, if any, with that BS951 clamp is that it could crush the supply cable. i'd make a comment on you PIR, not sure if it warrants a code. if you don't want to open the head, then you may have to enter a "lim" for the supply fuse characteristics. in any case, i would not disturb the earth clamp, subject to the Ze being below 0.8ohms.

worth a shot. if they will do it, get them to fit a 2 pole isolator as well.

Did a job for my old neighbours last year.... their new place had one of these, complete with matching isolator.

The arrangement seemed to have been altered from original, so that the isolator was on the consumer side of the meter.
I didn't open the head to check fuse type either.

Simon.

Reply to PIR query in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All I was pondering an idea recently regarding the ground connection to my property. At present it has a combined Neutral to earth at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, For clarity, I'm not a qualified electrician, but have a reasonable amount of experience as I've done plenty of wiring (signed off by a...
Replies
Views
The attached photo shows the suppliers head that includes an earth terminal. The incoming supply cable is a single phase plastic sheathed cable...
Replies
Views
Good Morning everyone. Quick question regarding a sub main from a TNCS supply feeding an outbuilding on TT. This is a domestic installation not...
Replies
Views
A quick search for earth tape didn't come up with much, though this thread was of interest. I'll start by mentioning that I've led a sheltered...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock