Discuss PIR wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys when adding Pir to a lighting circuit would this be the correct way of wiring so at the light I have 3 core and earth. Black as switch line sleeved brown connected to the permanent feed of the light with the neutral and earth and the brown in a wago. And at the pir have brown as permanent with black sleeved brown a switch line grey sleeved blue as neutral and earth is the correct way of wiring a PIR ??

I think a diagram would help. Also some more information - is this a separate light and PIR sensor, or a combined light/PIR and a slave light driven from it, etc?

Reply to PIR wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Hi, Heavy industrial spark here, never do house bashing hence the question. I currently have a light switch at the front door not doing anything...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to wire in a 4 core capacitive sensor into a safety circuit. I have brown, blue, white and black coloured cores and it's a NO sensor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm replacing a light fitting in the bathroom but the wiring is confusing me, black brown and grey? Is black neutral and brown live in this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Yesterday I wired in my 3 phase compressor to run off our 53kva generator. I just need to know which colour cable is for which phase as...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock