Discuss PIR write up help needed :/ in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

G_FUNK

Hi,

i did a pir on an old cottage on tuesday. the lady is going to rent it out, so it the installation needs to be bang on. i did all my inspection and wrote down what i could see was wrong and needed correcting. then i carried out the testing and recorded all of my results on eic just for the time being. all the tests were fine which is good. i then just wote up in open office word every think i found in my inspection that need putting right. i didnt use any of the 1,2,3 or 4 codes. i then priced up the remedial work and wote up a formal quote. i took both these to the customer and went through it with her, explaning each observation that needed to be put right. im doing the remedial work tomorrow and the whole job will be spot on. so far so good i think.

when coming to issusing the customer with the pir for her ref and a copy to give to the letting agent. what do i do?! give her a copy of the pir and test results with no thing in the inspections because its all bang on now. and tick the installation satifactory box then just attach a copy word document with my inspections on it and update it with the correct gn3 codes.
im use sure what to do here i have done my 2391 but my mind is has gone blank :eek:

any help would be great

cheers mart

If you have completed all the remedial work then i would put a comment in the boxes to say "All defects found have now been rectified".

Use your invoice to list the defects found and their codes, and make it part of your invoice.

So invoice would read something like

PIR carried out to fixed wiring installation at whatever address.

The following codes 1 defects were discovered
The.........................2...............................
and so on.

All listed code 1 to 4 defects rectified as instructed by client.

Total.......£2,500,312.16p

Send invoice PIR and covering letter

Cheers.............Howard

yeah i shall do that with the invoice save some trees as well (Y). i talking about the pir its self i havnt even filled one in yet but i need to fill one in to issue to the customer. so your saying dont list any defects on the pir its self then?

You can consider that you did a initial check of the circuits, remedied all faults, then did the PIR.
Because of your initial assessment you do not need any more information on the unaffected parts of the installation. The inspections and testing you did after fixing the problems are used for the rest of the report.
The actual PIR issued will be a satisfactory one, there is no need to issue an unsatisfactory one first.

However do still provide all the information on the faults and remedies on separate paperwork for the customer.

Reply to PIR write up help needed :/ in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock