Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Pir

Discuss Pir in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Guys, I’ve not been on here for a while and I’m getting out of touch with modern products.
I’d like to fit a stand alone PIR to switch on an existing halogen (100 watt) light fitting and an existing bulkhead light fitting (100 watt tungsten).
I’d like to fit an additional LED (20 watts) light fitting. Therefore PIR switching 3 light fittings.
PIR needs to be 45-180 degrees.
Any recommendations for decent practical PIR?
Can a PiR control different type of lamps?
Thanks (rusty electrician)

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Megawatt

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I’ve not been on here for a while and I’m getting out of touch with modern products.
I’d like to fit a stand alone PIR to switch on an existing halogen (100 watt) light fitting and an existing bulkhead light fitting (100 watt tungsten).
I’d like to fit an additional LED (20 watts) light fitting. Therefore PIR switching 3 light fittings.
PIR needs to be 45-180 degrees.
Any recommendations for decent practical PIR?
Can a PiR control different type of lamps?
Thanks (rusty electrician)
First off what do you mean by PIR

Paignton pete

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No offence meant at all.
I was assuming that I should be directing my question to the UK.
I think that was a funny. At least I presume it was as I gave it a funny Imoji. American since of humour.

we are a multi cultural site. Mega watt is a big participant.

anyway. For me sentinel PIR are the best. I have 3 outside lights functioning from 3 sentinel PIRs . They have been up for 10 years. No problems.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think that was a funny. At least I presume it was as I gave it a funny Imoji. American since of humour.

we are a multi cultural site. Mega watt is a big participant.

anyway. For me sentinel PIR are the best. I have 3 outside lights functioning from 3 sentinel PIRs . They have been up for 10 years. No problems.
another 5 years you can put them on antiques roadshow. 😄

Reply to Pir in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net