Discuss Pir. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DHES-LTD

I went to a void property in Derby yesterday to do a PIR, New 17th D/B, new looking accessories, Sticker on D/B - tested Feb 09 by a reputable firm....

When i took the board cover off this is 1 thing i found

Pir. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Also none of the lights worked so i undone a couple of pendants and found 1 not even connected

Pir. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

The lighting was wired in singles and there was cables missing from the pendants which when i took them down i found the missing cables pushed up behind the pendant with unsleaved earths.

There is no way the PIR was done properly in Feb, I'm thinking of reporting them to the NIC, what are people opinions of this??

Last edited by a moderator:
last time i came across something like this it was nothing to do with the electrician.
it had been done by a decorator who had fallen out with the builder.

after the electrician had gone

Outrageous!!!!!:eek:

Looks like it was a "drive by" PIR. Whilst someone may have come in and put new pendants up, I very much doubt any one will have messed with the DB in that way. Are you able to view the original PIR??

Have a word with the company first it may be nothing to do with them or it could be an employee thats not doing the job properly. We all want rid of the cowboys giving us a bad name but to be fair if someone was unhappy with your work would you not prefer the opportunity to have your say.

Chris

The property has been void since the 1st PIR was done, the firm that did it was subbing to us and have since been ****** off due to a lot of bad work, We've come to the conclusion that this was done deliberate as they knew we were getting rid of them at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The property has been void since the 1st PIR was done, the firm that did it was subbing to us and have since been ****** off due to a lot of bad work, We've come to the conclusion that this was done deliberate as they knew we were getting rid of them at the time.

Thought you described them in your o.p. as a reputable firm ? :confused:

I would take their details off the sticker from the board they should have put on the board after the PIR and pass them onto Rogue Traders or trading standards along with some photos:mad:

They are quite well known round my way for being a reputable firm and they are a lot bigger firm than mine!
If you know the bloke that owns the firm,take the pictures you have taken and get him to name and shame the spark that did pass this PIR.:eek:

Reply to Pir. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock