Discuss Pirates in the Gulf of Aden in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Having said all that they were always respectful and polite and never caused us any problems
Probably scared whit less of the prospect of a few years in Siberia made the them tow the line. I f by the odd chance you holiday in the former USSR be sure to book a visit to Dzerzhinsky Square. the Lubyanka Prison, an interesting experience.

Probably scared whit less of the prospect of a few years in Siberia made the them tow the line. I f by the odd chance you holiday in the former USSR be sure to book a visit to Dzerzhinsky Square. the Lubyanka Prison, an interesting experience.
Not sure how true it is but I remember the older dockers telling us that back in the 60/70’s the Russian ships actually had armed kgb agents aboard to keep em in line...

Not sure how true it is but I remember the older dockers telling us that back in the 60/70’s the Russian ships actually had armed kgb agents aboard to keep em in line...
Don't doubt it one little bit.

Why is that SW? Genuine question. I found most of the Local Guys I worked with were OK just from a different culture, just wanted the same things we wanted, It's the system they lived under that is at fault, I respected their views and they reciprocated, I think. Before you ask "No I aint a Commie either"
The English where never really told about the Russian concentration camps during WWII where a million Polaks where sent to labour camps, my Mothers side of the family and my Mother ended up in Kresy a lot of the family died including my Mothers family, they had to bury him in a shallow grave in a forest they sent the workers out in winter barefoot to chop wood.

You also have the Katyn massacre where the NKVD shot 22,000 Poles in the back of the head in a forest called Katyn, these where the elite, educated and officer class Poles which the Russians wanted to eliminate, it was genocide and the British and the US new about this but all cosied up to Stalin so with the mass immigration of Polaks to the UK taking your jobs remember what goes around comes around so it serves you lot right, the Russians for years blamed the Germans for it and the UK and US went along with this.

The only reason that many Poles where released was because the Germans attacked the Russians, quite ironic really as it was because of this my family where saved, my Mother ended up in Persia in a Red Cross camp then in Tanganyika and ended up somewhere close to Nairobi in Kenya before enlisting in the RAF/PAF in 1944. The rest of the family where repatriated after the war..

To me the only good Russian is a dead Russian.

I hope that answers your question Pete, I could go more in depth but I think I have rambled on enough for now, if you are interested then check these links out.

Katyn massacre - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre

Soviet repressions of Polish citizens (1939–1946) - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_repressions_of_Polish_citizens_(1939–1946)

My Mother RIP served in 305

Mum.png

Reply to Pirates in the Gulf of Aden in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net