Discuss PIRs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

buttonmoon

Now we don't have to notify a PIR and therefore we don't have to be with one of the self-certification schemes to do them. However what happens when the PIR shows up some faults? I assume if the faults require repairs which are notifiable then we're back to square 1 and we need to be a member or call LABC. If there are only Codes 3 and 4 the result is satisfactory. Do we need to do anything after that point? I would have thought a bit of repair work 'where reasonably practicable' and how is this normally priced?

Do the PIR then offer to do the remedial at an appropriate rate?

Do the PIR and fix minor stuff as you go?

How is this situation normally approached?

to be honest mate you dont wana be doing any work while your doing the PIR itself as your doing your self out of work unless its friend or family of course.You could do some remidial work after the the report is issued if it is deemed as unotifiable this could be coded as any number in a PIR if you read the requirements of notifiable work in approved document p in this link it will be much clearer
Planning Portal - Approved Document P
as for priced think of a hourly rate which you deem appropriate (normally some were between £20-£25 an hour) x time taken in hours + materials =your price
But to be honest if your working on domestics just go get your part p life will be far easier :)

i personally go in this order
1) Carry out PIR
2)issue report along with quotes for remedial work
3)If the customer requires remedial work confirm and agree price
4)complete work and issue suitable certification

Reply to PIRs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net