Discuss PIR's in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

jjcale

-
Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to this trade and just wanted to know a few things. With regards to PIR's.. as i understand it its wired like a 2 way switch? As in you have your feed from the board to your first PIR, then from there a 3 core between all PIR's and from that same point you loop to all the lighting points..is that correct?

Also with non-maintained em lighting..do you just run a circuit out of each lighting point to the em position as in keep it on the same circuit?

Not very specific i know but i hope it makes sence

Much appreciated

not quite right.do you mean PIRs as in security lights, or occupancy sensors. either way, you traet the PIR as a switch that is powered up. L/N in and SW L/N out to light. using multiple PIRs and/or multiple lights, just parallel them up, bearing in mind the load capacity of the PIRs. with em. lighting, you should feed through a keyswitch so that you can isolate the supply to the em. without turning the mormal lights off.

sorry, sensors i mean. Thanks i get it now. With the em you can use the keyswitch to test the em lighting as well? the job i was recently on there was no keyswitch..the em lighting just ran off the lighting points..

sometimes that's OK. as long as switching the main lighting off for testing the em's does not cause danger or inconvenience.

Reply to PIR's in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Heavy industrial spark here, never do house bashing hence the question. I currently have a light switch at the front door not doing anything...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have an outside light that is turned on with a switch from inside and would like to change it to a PIR version incorporating an...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views
This weekend at Electrical2Go we are offering the Ansell Prism pro (APRIP/1) for just £6.95 ex VAT ! These are one of our best-selling...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock