Discuss Plasterer - stealing work from honest sparky in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

plugsandsparks

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well, was asked to add 10 sockets to a ring and convert a double to a single to make way for the partition wall. Did all the pre-work, only thing left to do was break into ring and convert the existing socket. Was waiting for client to give me date and time to take the power off (its a 10way SP DB with up front RCD) so it meant no servers, no desktop, no phone system, no lights and no kettle ! -
Anyway plasterer had no such issues to deal with...

Any suggestions..... ones i can articulate professionally to client that is :banghead:

Plasterer - stealing work from honest sparky scoket - EletriciansForums.net

did a house last week, walls had been skimmed over and all sockets just plastered in. same in the kitchen, tiles were further forward than the bloody sockets. had to split the ring down to find a fault which meant removing several socket fronts so made a right mess but what else was i supposed to do!

Are some tradesmen just thick? You would just ring the spark and say need you here now rather than do that! I would be taking my lump hammer out of the van and make his nice plastering not so nice!
I had it on a block of lats that I was installing a smoke vent system on and every cable was plastered in but no one elses cables t&e, fire alarm etc were so i went to local wholesaler and bought the largest hole cutter possible think it was about 200mm and drilled for fun!

You just can't teach that level of stupidity...

Big hammer and jobs a good'un.....hammer on whats left of the twin socket rather than the new plasterwork maybe be adviseable.

makes you wonder where they learnt their trade, if at all. makes pi$$ing in his finish really enjoyable at times.

Option 1: It's only a partition wall. The plasterer has been incompetent. Remove the part of the wall to do your job and get the customer to explain to the plasterer he has a problem to fix.

Option 2: do the above and plaster it yourself.

Option 3: power off! Multitool to carefully cut accessory in half to remove visible half, then rescue/crimp cables and move socket to where they want it.

Are some tradesmen just thick? You would just ring the spark and say need you here now rather than do that! I would be taking my lump hammer out of the van and make his nice plastering not so nice!
I had it on a block of lats that I was installing a smoke vent system on and every cable was plastered in but no one elses cables t&e, fire alarm etc were so i went to local wholesaler and bought the largest hole cutter possible think it was about 200mm and drilled for fun!

This builder when i met him just moaned about the state of the previous builders work and then did this with his plasterer - bizarre

Option 1: It's only a partition wall. The plasterer has been incompetent. Remove the part of the wall to do your job and get the customer to explain to the plasterer he has a problem to fix.

Option 2: do the above and plaster it yourself.

Option 3: power off! Multitool to carefully cut accessory in half to remove visible half, then rescue/crimp cables and move socket to where they want it.

Makes me laugh at the trade sometimes, i wait patiently for an agreed downtime, plasterer has his next job to go to and does that to get away.

Like the idea of getting it out without damage, might give it a go but there goner be off a long time me thinks as there is no way i can do that without tripping rcd - absolutely no chance.

This sort of thing really irritates me, it only takes a phone call and then the job would be a million times easier and the customer will now either moan that you have wrecked the plaster or the plasterer is a tool so either way a tradesman gets a bad name.
If we just communicated a bit better stuff like this would not happen

Surely there should be a timber frame fixed to the wall. If so, who put it together, notching out for the socket ?
If not, it's just plasterboard and crap builder's work....not too bad to cut out a piece of board. Just an arse pain caused by ignorance.

Last edited:
Makes me laugh at the trade sometimes, i wait patiently for an agreed downtime, plasterer has his next job to go to and does that to get away.

Like the idea of getting it out without damage, might give it a go but there goner be off a long time me thinks as there is no way i can do that without tripping rcd - absolutely no chance.
You have access to isolate it, diss the neutral/line/cpc for the circuit at the CU ;)

If we just communicated a bit better stuff like this would not happen.

how do you communicate with a cretin like that? 4lb lump hammer?

As previously posted, who built the wall frame, not the plasterer, I'll bet. Combination of a lack of organisation and brain cells all round ?

Reply to Plasterer - stealing work from honest sparky in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock