Discuss Plastic Junction Box earthing? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JiSingh12

DIY
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys,

Quick question, I've had some people say to earth a plastic junction box with piranhas etc. whereas some people saying there's no need, since it's plastic?

I have the 5 terminal adaptable junction box from Screwfix (image attached)

From the inside of the house I have twin & earth coming into the box, connecting to 2 runs H07RN pond flex which is then going to be run to the outdoor lights in plastic conduit and with glands.

If it's confusing I can make a diagram?

Thanks

Attachments

• C203CE9E-B12B-448F-AAA7-70349E3C27FA.jpeg
    C203CE9E-B12B-448F-AAA7-70349E3C27FA.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 37
DPG

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
You don't earth the plastic box, and you don't use Piranha nuts, since you aren't using armoured cable. However, the CPC (ie. Earth) needs maintaining throughout the wiring system.

Lucien Nunes

Lucien Nunes

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Made by Speslberg. Many types are available with fitted terminals but usually single-row as they are targeted at mainland Europe where single-row are more widely used.

Reply to Plastic Junction Box earthing? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical News from Electricians Forums and Friends

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.