Discuss Playstation 4 - Anybody Getting Or Got One? in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

In my opinion you have to be mad to pay that much for a games console, i mean the kind of mad where you wake up every morning thinking you're a potato! I have an xbox360 and just been bought gta v for my birthday by my beloved so i'm good for a few months! But i would have another xbox if i feel the urge to replace it

just got a sega mega drive . awesome. much better than the tennis game.

I'm sticking with MS I think. Don't think I cope with the lack of Forza and Halo.

PS4 far superior in Graphics to the Xbox can achieve 4k output which is the next Gen' of TV's and has all the usual features of PS3, Xbox has sacrificed raw power and graphics to give a more multimedia console but if im buying a console to play games i expect no sacrifices in its graphic chip and memory buffers.

Good point....and it's cheaper Hmmmmm

But LIVE is so much better.

Decisions, decisions.

Gonna hold off on a PS4 till more games are out for it .not long upgraded my PC Graphics card from a GTX 590 to a Superclocked GTX 770 ACX

@ LeeH The PSN on PS4 is basically like live now with Cross game chat plus for the cost of a Xbox LIVE sub you get PS+ which gives you free games to play every month.

PS4 far superior in Graphics to the Xbox can achieve 4k output which is the next Gen' of TV's and has all the usual features of PS3, Xbox has sacrificed raw power and graphics to give a more multimedia console but if im buying a console to play games i expect no sacrifices in its graphic chip and memory buffers.

Actually it's well known the PS4 can't produce actual 4k resolutions, it's not powerful enough. It produces a bodged sort of 4K. Also consoles are so close to PCs these days, albeit with limited hardware due to their price. You may as well build/buy a Gaming PC and get true 60 fps and true 4k.

I'm sticking with last gen for now since I don't think either of the new consoles are worth upgrading to. Saving up for a Gaming PC which I will self build in the future.

Actually it's well known the PS4 can't produce actual 4k resolutions, it's not powerful enough. It produces a bodged sort of 4K. Also consoles are so close to PCs these days, albeit with limited hardware due to their price. You may as well build/buy a Gaming PC and get true 60 fps and true 4k.

I'm sticking with last gen for now since I don't think either of the new consoles are worth upgrading to. Saving up for a Gaming PC which I will self build in the future.
I used to build my own too but as cost efficiency goes the ps4 delivers for its cost for superior power resource and graphic output that you can achieve building your own for the same brass, this so called stats you refer to are a false flag in some respects because playing the game ypu tend to fall into the game your given and those tiny little differences are normally not appreciated considering the extra cost!.. as long as psvr shows no latency which it has good reviews then you are getting a technology at half to a third of the cost of others and it also wins on some stats against the other more expensive vr kits ... again it's neither here nor there but if you are that picky then you will have an expensive hobby.

Good point....and it's cheaper Hmmmmm

But LIVE is so much better.

Decisions, decisions.

If all of your friends are on Xbox Live you may as well be too. I read a letter ages ago on the Game Central letters pages where a guy fairly quickly sold his PS4 for an Xbox for exactly this reason. Xbox Live seems to have a fairly good reputation for reliability and ease of use as well.

Personally, I refuse to pay an online fee (to PSN or Live) when I already pay my ISP to provide me with an internet connection and PC online gaming is free, as is my PS3. Not that I've gamed online a lot on it, just a bit of GTA:V Online which is fairly repetitive and not properly updated anymore.

I don't bother with online gaming so not a massive draw for me and PS4 has a equally good online community and only costs about £40 per year for unlimited but like I infer earlier VR is a game changer and X-box hasn't even entertained the idea, as we see responses from those who now have them, I feel a new generation of gaming is upon us, trust me. it will blow your sock off to be inside the game as oppose to viewing it on a tv.

Reply to Playstation 4 - Anybody Getting Or Got One? in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock