Discuss Please dont hate me in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MAD MAINTENANCE

Dare I say, but I will become a domestic Installer in the coming months but I will NOT call my self a qualified electrician or close to one.

Before you hate me please remember that I get any work i do checked over by a " Time served Qualified sparks " who has to cert it and untill I get 100% confident and able this will continue on Any minor work i have done. Please understand that Any work I have done or will do is only ever going to be minor electrical work.

I have been in the building trade for around 20 years and have gained good experience in many trades. I only want to become a domestic installer so i can do small minor electrical work myself and add this to my current muilti trades. I am under no illusion that the rabbit hole goes much deeper than minor works in the world of electrics and to go rappelling down that hole you really do need to be experienced and qualified to do a safe and good job.

What I am trying to say is I will not be attemting to rewire a house or change a CU etc..... and I will be getting all my minor works certified by a qualified electrician.

I do totally agree that if you want to be a full time electrician then you 100% should get the much needed experience together with the qualifications and just bieng a Domestic installer wont cut the mustard and not forgetting be very dangerous for everyone.

Hopefully the time served qualified electricians on here will try to understand that some of us no the truth behind the title of domestic installer.

Granted we don't all think this way and we are not all the same but hey that would be boring I suppose lol.

JERRYS FINAL THOUGHT>>>> "Please dont hate all Domestic Installers", Just the ones that think they can do all elecrical work and claim to be a proper electrician after a quick part p domestic Installers course and nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Please dont hate me in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net