Discuss Please help with some 2330 level3unit 2 & 3 questions in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Shamani1

Hi my hubby is doing a self study course to become an Electrician he has done really well with almost all areas of the written, classroom assessments and test, but due to terminal illness of a family member he basically not been able to study and work through the modules as he was. Long story short the course provider he was with has been taken over by another firm, and course work doesn't seem to have been handed over so he has to do several assessments in order to book his last set of dates for course (this is how I have understood it). Anyway he is quite discouraged right now due to what I believe a deadline of year end for completion under the current regulations, for get his course done, as he stuck on a few theory questions, I really would like to help him in any way possible, so I hope this forum is a means. Thank for listening her are some of the questions I know he is stuck on: Level 3 Unit 2 Short Answer questions: Q.3 When carrying out an inspection and commissioning process list (A) Three factors or verification procedures that the installation must meet. (B) Three safety precautions or test criteria to be met? Level 3 Unit 3 short answer questions Q.7 Describe two common faults that may occur the following (b) Cable terminations? Q.8 Describe briefly the following tests which are carried out on a completed electrical installation. (a) Continuity. (b) Insulation resistance. (C)Polarity. Q10. When verifying the continuity of a ring final circuit. (A) How many test are required? (b) How are the connections made in test 1? (C) What action is taken in Test 1 if a cable has an integral earth? Thanks in advance for you help Dee

Hopefully this will give some direction to the answers:
I do not know about Q3 as the question is not clear to me. I assume it is talking about initial verification of the installation and the associated inspections and testing along with the required precautions but I am not sure.
Q7 would be loose connections or incorrect connections.
The answers for Q8 and Q10 are clearly described in the Onsite Guide or guidance Note 3, these would give a much clearer answer than available on a forum.
For 10 A I would break this down to the three steps and identify the number of tests in each step; although they might be looking for the answer "three".
For 10 C you should be considering how the resistance of a cable will vary compared to another cable with a different cross sectional area.
A standard cable used in domestic properties for a ring final circuit would be 2.5 mm² line and neutral conductors and a 1.5 mm² earth conductor.

Hopefully this will give some direction to the answers:
I do not know about Q3 as the question is not clear to me. I assume it is talking about initial verification of the installation and the associated inspections and testing along with the required precautions but I am not sure.
Q7 would be loose connections or incorrect connections.
The answers for Q8 and Q10 are clearly described in the Onsite Guide or guidance Note 3, these would give a much clearer answer than available on a forum.
For 10 A I would break this down to the three steps and identify the number of tests in each step; although they might be looking for the answer "three".
For 10 C you should be considering how the resistance of a cable will vary compared to another cable with a different cross sectional area.
A standard cable used in domestic properties for a ring final circuit would be 2.5 mm² line and neutral conductors and a 1.5 mm² earth conductor.
Thank you so much, I will pass this on to my hubby I am certain I have earned a few brownie points :) Thanks again - Dee

Youtube and go to Ring Final Circuits testing think the guy's name is Christopher Kircher or something of that ilk

Reply to Please help with some 2330 level3unit 2 & 3 questions in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock