Discuss Ploughcroft Renewables in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone had any dealings with Ploughcroft Renewables in the past?

I am interested in whether they use sub contractors and how you become an improved installer for them in Scotland in particular Vehicle charging points etc.

Any info will be much appreciated.

He told staff he expects to be trading under a new name in the next few weeks.

that phrase always winds me up, hes probably just cost a lot os small companies and small traders a lot of money, but i suspect hes made sure hes alright.

No doubt another pre-pack administration deal where all the subbies and suppliers get pumped and they swan off into the horizon debt free under the guise of saving jobs by doing a pre-pack, which happens numerouse times every day in this country.
That's another issue which needs adressing and is often not touched apon when we all get motivated to fight besna etc and the small self employed sparks are getting pumped every day and contribute to our industry in equal measure as employed sparks.
They should be barred from having a company directorship for 10 years.

Any way rant over and thanks for the input it's much appreciated and it's something we should be looking at with regard to sharing information on here as it obviously pays to share information with regard to shady opperators who look to exploit small subbies etc.

We all no that there is no sales at the moment ! who can blame him for folding with those overheads and no sales.

What options did he have really?

very hard market to be in right now.

We all no that there is no sales at the moment ! who can blame him for folding with those overheads and no sales.

Not expand to become the "big I am", it was a market driven by extremely over generous subsidies, the current situation we face was far from hard to predict.

I view his type of business practice as a criminal act.

It depends on the circumstances. If people are owed money and the company just folds and then starts up again then that can't be right.

But it's not the same company that starts up again. It's a whole new, completely different company. A new legal entity. Just happens to have the same directors, location etc as before but none of the previous liabilities. It will have a totally different name - maybe something like "Ploughcraft".

A complete scandal of course.

Do what we have had to do, reduce overheads and make sure everyone has been paid. It's not as if the failing of the industry has happened overnight he's had almost a year to get things sorted out. It's too easy to walk away from your responsibilities.

It drives me mad, especially when I think of the jobs I lost out on because the customer wanted security from a bigger company. I don't owe anyone anything and we're currently visiting our existing customers free of charge as a gesture of goodwill while we have some spare time checking that everything is ok.

Do what we have had to do, reduce overheads and make sure everyone has been paid. It's not as if the failing of the industry has happened overnight he's had almost a year to get things sorted out. It's too easy to walk away from your responsibilities.

It drives me mad, especially when I think of the jobs I lost out on because the customer wanted security from a bigger company. I don't owe anyone anything and we're currently visiting our existing customers free of charge as a gesture of goodwill while we have some spare time checking that everything is ok.

you said word for word what i was going to say, even dick turpin wore a mask (daylight robbery)

he is a very clever man. check on his companies. milked it till it ran dry

Depends on your interpretation of "clever" he's not running a successful multi-million pound business he's going bust. Immoral springs to mind as a more apt description. I wonder if he's brought any of his suppliers down with him .....

Yorkshire and Humber Microgeneration Partnership Community Interest Company - registered on 16th August 2012!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that's going to be his new company, that's a regional renewables partnership body that he's probably on the board of or something.

The company in question built itself up around one man ! So I think he might find it difficult to open a new company.....unless he changes his name !

Sad news though, I guess wont be seeing him walk the floors of the trade shows with his tool pouch !

most likely, the suppliers will right it off the bad debt of and reclaim vat, They will open his account again under his new company name at a low credit limit, all his warranties are void, he puts all the money in his bank account tax paid because that's legal and the circle will start again. Its up to REAL and MCS to put a stop to him

As I've said before its back to a cottage industry. Sadly I dont think they will be the last to do this .....

However much money I put into marketing the customers are not out there, the government/media/cowboys have put them off. The general Double Glaze windows mentality has drove customers away ! Just shows the ineffectiveness or REAL and the Joke of MCS.

Some times I do wonder if I'm mad ....With returns of 10% and prices half than a year ago it should be selling like hot cakes.

They are only the tip of the iceberg, I did some investigating of MCS companies within a 10 mile radius of me a few days ago, most fell into three camps:

1. Established electrical contractors still trading, a percentage of which are still doing solar.

2. Solar Companies registered around later September 2011 (of which there are a lot), no accounts filed yet so as startups they must be struggling or have already folded.

3. Solar Companies still registered on the list but whose websites are no longer up, around 25%, i think these are the early casualties from above.

Just had my third annual invoice today for MCS renewal, its runs from the 7th October onwards and I have an install booked for the 8th, great...

we the installer are fighting the public perception that solar was a gimick and it dont work!! however we put our money where our mouth is and put solar on the office(south east),my house(south),co directors house (south west) south is winning

Reply to Ploughcroft Renewables in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock