Discuss Plug Requirement in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thanks for the quick response. I don't think this is what I am looking for. This plug and outlet will be used indoors in an commercial setting. The plugs in the PDF you sent looked like heavy duty industrial type locking plugs.

The plug and socket outlets already shown are fairly well known in both commercial and industrial applications. Would also recommend local isolation along with the locking ring style to help prevent
un plugging or plugging in under load especialy with 50amps on the other end.

Local isolation would be required as a regulation at that amperage, commonly known as commando type sockets or c form

the first reply i feel was spot on. 50 Amps for something to be on a plug, needs something that can take that load, ur normal 13amp plug type aint gonna take that. as far as i know it either 1 of those from the link which most people know as commando type plugs which are used in industrial/commercial sites very often. or hard wired to an isolator.

Dave

Reply to Plug Requirement in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock