Discuss Plug socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you can switch off the circuit supplying socket outlets in the same area and safely verify that this is on the same circuit then it should be possible to convert it subject to RCD protection being in place.
But a fused connection unit normally feeds a fixed load, if this is the case then no, it cant be converted
[automerge]1599417026[/automerge]
If it's on a compliant circuit then yes
Have you not considered it may be feeding a fixed load that requires fuse protection?
Lets advise the OP to change it and just stuff the 1.5mm to the towel rail in the socket terminals shall we?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can switch off the circuit supplying socket outlets in the same area and safely verify that this is on the same circuit then it should be possible to convert it subject to RCD protection being in place.
But a fused connection unit normally feeds a fixed load, if this is the case then no, it cant be converted
[automerge]1599417026[/automerge]

Have you not considered it may be feeding a fixed load that requires fuse protection?
Lets advise the OP to change it and just stuff the 1.5mm to the towel rail in the socket terminals shall we?
it may, however, be redundant, so should not be a problem, all things (safety and reg. wise ) considered.

As above, it might be in use providing power to something. That rectangular plate holds a fuse, use a screw driver in the slot at the top to pull the drawer out (it’s quite safe to do this). That will turn off the supply to the load.
Then you will discover what no longer works!

What is on the other side of the wall to the photo of the unswitched FCU? For example, if a bathroom, perhaps it is for something inside the bathroom?

Reply to Plug socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net