Discuss Plumber in need... in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mal103

Hi everyone - I was on here ages ago asking a few questions and got some great advice - I now need your help again.
I previously wanted to re-train and start up as a Self Employed Sparks but was wary about going in the deep end, I am instead re-starting my old Plumbing business and will soon need some Electrical training.

I have got the business going and it's starting to pick up although I am still part time self employed alongside my main IT job. I plan to jump into full time self employed before xmas.

Sooner or later I will need to be able to self certify Electrical work so am looking at Part P courses followed by the 17th. I have some practical experience and have picked up some regs and theory - will the 5 day EAL Part P be enough? Who is the best competent persons scheme and how hard are the assessments?

I also was wondering what limitations I will have after doing the Defined Part P, is it easy to change this to Full scope later on? When I'm up and running my goal is to offer Domestic Plumbing (without Gas) and Electrical services, I don't want to be turning Electrical work down because I'm not allowed to do it - but can wire in C/H and Showers.

Thanks in advance!

Just take the 17th (guess the answers, you still have a 33% chance of passing) you can boost this to 50% chance with a bit of common sense) Get that you are half-way there. Plus you are helping the government to stop rougue sparks..(not) anyhow then go for part p, this also helps the government coffers because every job must be tested and it scares the cowboys away (not) Part p is difficult btw you need to study, so the cowboys are laughing. Only the already genuine will do it,

The govenment have the iq of a kit-kat btw...but hey they make me pay so maybe they aint so daft.
And if I'm gonna tell a plumber how to make money..jeez. You watch their will be a part c (how not to get wet when installing ch, it is illegal to install...blah blah blah.

btw I hate the government -:)

Sums up part p perfectly, get that you are a spark, it ain't on and not justified
I'm signed up for a 'course' they did not even ask to see previous (although their speel said must be a qualified electrician to blah blah to enrol...its a con.

If I was leaving school right now, I would jump on it (assuming I had the money) hey presto a spark in 12 weeks, cos I can read a meter. It is bent

Last edited by a moderator:
totallt agree wattsup, 4.5 years doing a C&G 2360 and no mention of needing it to register wih nic, just one money making scheme after the other

A good shag is free, aint it?

I just read some stuff on diynot forum, they say it is illegal to touch a consumer unit if not part p qualified, it is also illegal (an offence) to remove seals on meters...oh **** me. I'm heading for the trap door. I don't know anyone ever been taken to court for removing seals. In actual fact they (the supply authority) should provide means of isolating ( the meter tails are my property) Yet I can't upgrade..nahh, make me your first case elec companies, it will cost you zillions going to every house in the country providing isolation switches

Last edited by a moderator:
The govenment have the iq of a kit-kat btw...but hey they make me pay so maybe they aint so daft.

No Watts you were right first time, they ARE daft, there's no intelligence or good governance in simply demanding money with menaces which is effectively what they are licencing these organisatons to do.

You watch their will be a part c (how not to get wet when installing ch, it is illegal to install...blah blah blah.

SSSHHHH! for GOD'S sake don't go giving them ideas!

btw I hate the government -:)

You can't begin to imagine the contempt in which I hold this bunch of venal, mendacious, self regarding arse flies. God I hate them so very much.

Sums up part p perfectly, get that you are a spark, it ain't on and not justified
I'm signed up for a 'course' they did not even ask to see previous (although their speel said must be a qualified electrician to blah blah to enrol...its a con.

If I was leaving school right now, I would jump on it (assuming I had the money) hey presto a spark in 12 weeks, cos I can read a meter. It is bent

Have to say I go along with that.

Reply to Plumber in need... in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock