Discuss Plunger switch help please? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Petel

Could anyone please advise as to the following?

Seeking a plunger switch ( car door sort of thing ) with a " momentary " function, to be fitted into a gate post, so that when the gate is opened a momentary signal is sent. Have been to all the usual sites and done all the usual searches, with no result.

There are plenty of NO/NC types ( and several which will do both ) but I am yet to find one with a momentary function.

If anyone knows of such a plunger switch being commercially available ( perhaps in a security system setup ) then would be most grateful to hear of it.

Many thanks, Petel

Many thanks to Toolguy and Spider for the replies.

The solutions offered would indeed do the job but are not quite what I am looking for.

If anyone is aware of an " off the shelf " spring loaded, plunger switch which would provide the function mentioned, would be most grateful to hear of it.

Thank you, Petel

Does it need to be a plunger switch?

Couldn't you get away with using the outdoor mag contacts the alarm boys use, and maybe a contactor? Depending on what you exactly have in mind, I'm not too sure from your post.

Just a thought

Jim

Reply to Plunger switch help please? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Hopefully just a quick one, but I can't seem to find a definite answer. Will a push to break/make (ie not momentary) 2 way retractive...
Replies
Views
I have a sawbench motor that needs an on/emergency off switch fitted, have the hylec on/off switch and a contractor 240V coil with NC contacts...
Replies
Views
can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, hoping someone will be able to help me decipher the wiring for this hoist controller. the handset it came with has stopped working...
Replies
Views
As you can see what I have is a right mess, IAM wanting to put a new switch on , but every thing I try either leaves one or two light not working...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock