Discuss Points served query in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

_gibbz_

Hey there, sorry to post such a silly thread but im new to writing out my own test sheets and have a quick question to ask.
On your circuit details, its says "points served" on each circuit, i just wondered does this include every outlet?
for example on a motor circuit, would that include the control, the starter unit, the motor, the neon lights box, i.e. 4 points served?

Its the point of connection to the circuit, so your motor etc would still only be classed as one if there is nothing else sharing the same circuit.

From part 2 of the BRB.

Point (in wiring) - a termination of the fixed wiring intended for the connection of current-using equipment.

Make of that what you will!! :D

The number of points of Utilisation
Utilise to make use ofSo the starter,control etc are just that, parts of the load circuit,as in light switch in a dwelling
The motor would then be the one point of utilisation

Must be carefulThis thread might turn into the old double socket one or two argument :)

Double socket - always one point, as it's one termination...

That's what the bods from the NICEIC and ECS say anyway, when I was up at their HQ the other week.

Damn them 'single point of utilisation' cotton picking..........

The motor is the current using kit. Single point.

Twin socket? Two points but counted as one cos of the 13A fuses :D

Q: How many 1kW heaters can you plug into a ring main?

A: As many as you like.........

My point is - does it matter? Bit like PFC - waste of time taking the measurement unless you are fault finding. God I hate paperwork ! :mad:

Reply to Points served query in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net