Discuss Polestar and Loadstar in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pretty sure they're identical. I believe the Polestar MCBs are rated at 16kA whereas the Loadstar MCBs are 6 or 10kA.

Starbreaker MCBs have the tab on the back which clips into the DBs built in busbar.

No they are not interchangeable.

You are correct that Polestar are 16ka rated and this is the reason they are wider.

Actually I am considering the old Polestar range and looking at the new style it is hard to say.

Actually I am considering the old Polestar range and looking at the new style it is hard to say.
Yeah, the old Type 2/Type 3 Polestar range were definitely wider but the more recent B Curve/C Curve Polestar i think may be the same width as the Loadstar range. Could still be wrong though!

Yeah, the old Type 2/Type 3 Polestar range were definitely wider but the more recent B Curve/C Curve Polestar i think may be the same width as the Loadstar range. Could still be wrong though!
I jumped the gun a bit quick and immediately thought of the old range. Must admit they look identical apart from the ka rating. I would still stick with the correct range though.

Check the din rail connection the pole star mcbs have 2 different sizes one fits a single phase board the other fits a 3 phase board as it had a larger terminal where it fits onto the bus bar.

Reply to Polestar and Loadstar in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock