Discuss Police in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest77

I see in the last 5 years police have not recorded 19% of crimes which is 18000 cases each year, 37 rapes were not recorded at all, and 220 rapes were originally recorded then removed after investigations found not enough evidence, the criminals got away with it, violent crimes were only recorded 37% of the time, this makes the latest figures regarding police successes a bag of poo, comments?

Not privvy to what goes on in the Police complaints procedure, but heard this afternoon that Mrs May want's to make the Police complaints a public forum, that will be a laugh, to much corruption in high places for my liking, massaging the figures is more the story here methinks.

This practice of non reporting and cps dropping cases has been going on for years....This makes the crimes figures for each region look better than they are. When you are an inspector of a station, its all out pen pushing figures. Then the government can justify why so many officers are not required.

In 2001 I had to visit a Police station to report the theft of a PC from my vehicle, as did the chap in front of me. The duty officer said he wouldn 't record them.

My employer at the time needed a crime number or the lies would come off my salary - I got a crime number.

fudging of ALL stats goes back decades!

Surrey are the worst for it....and in 2012 Guildford investigated Runnymede Police for zero crimes reported in a 2 month period....they stated this was impossible

In 2001 I had to visit a Police station to report the theft of a PC from my vehicle, as did the chap in front of me. The duty officer said he wouldn 't record them.

My employer at the time needed a crime number or the lies would come off my salary - I got a crime number.

fudging of ALL stats goes back decades!
you mean the records go back to the 70/80's

previous records have been stolen

I doubt many records are kept pre-1980, computers didn't exist until then, a few would be kept, but majority set on fire and destroyed I suspect.

The police have been fudging the figures for years I have first hand experience of the police logging genuine alarm calls from automatic calling kit or latterly ARC's as false alarms on the basis of reducing the response level. I have even been told by a desk copper that the alarm system activation I was called out to was a false alarm because his PC's had checked the perimeter of the building and there was no sign of a break in despite a rather large window guard and the window frame had been dragged off the rear of the building
The police are more interested in revenue generating crime and small quickly solvable crime so they can easily justify their existence and keep their points score up since all this box ticking productivity stats were introduced by the government

And all the talk of figures completely misses the overwhelming number of crimes that nobody ever bothers to mention because they know that sweet FA will result in doing so!!!

I see in the last 5 years police have not recorded 19% of crimes which is 18000 cases each year, 37 rapes were not recorded at all, and 220 rapes were originally recorded then removed after investigations found not enough evidence, the criminals got away with it, violent crimes were only recorded 37% of the time, this makes the latest figures regarding police successes a bag of poo, comments?

I think the number offences not recorded is probably multiples of that number.
You just have to look at Jimmy Savile case to understand that. Many/most of the offences were not recorded simply because they were not reported. So they couldn't possibly show up as being not recorded.

The current hoo-ha is about reported crimes by the public but not recorded. Even that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. How can you possibly put a figure on what wasn't recorded if it wasn't recorded?

Anyway, this from The Guardian:

The police are failing to record more than 800,000 offences, including a quarter of all sexual crimes, reported to them by the public each year, according to a damning official inquiry.

Police fail to record 800,000 crimes a year, including one in four sex offences | UK news | The Guardian

Generally speaking I trust the police, at least the ones I come into contact with. My brother was a cop for nigh on 30 years (pensioned out on health grounds) and the pub we drink in is awash with them and they're pretty much all bloody good lads.
I think where they fall down isn't with the rank and file cop, it's with the senior ones. In any walk of life, if you climb the ladder high enough then there's a desk waiting for you. Once you start driving that you forget what it's like at the pointy end of the job.

Trev you have hit the nail on the head...not the foot job, but the seniors....never made it that far in my other career. but does leave a sour taste

A few years back we had severe problems with a neighbour, I wanted to resolve things one way, Mrs Trev wanted it done in a law abiding way (which was a bloody long haul but that's another story) We were given a 3 points of contact at our local nick and I can't praise them enough for they way they acted.

Reply to Police in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net