Discuss Polished Chrome sockets - Volex - White - Angled Edge in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yevhen

-
Reaction score
Hi All

It's a long shot, but can anybody advise?

I've been trying to find sockets and switches for a kitchen to match existing in a next door Lounge. They are Volex, "Metal Plate" range, with Polished Chrome Angled Edge and White inserts. I also need TV/FM and network points. Volex 2009 catalogue (link below) page 28 "metal Plate" range, - gave list to wholesaler who came back with they don't do that range with white insert - only black???

I've since found direct from Volex, that for that particular combination (PCAE/white), have an exclusive deal with Screwfix, and you cannot buy from anywhere else. Screwfix does sell most of what I want, but not 1 Gang Cooker point, TV/FM diplexer, and RJ45 socket - or a module mounting plate. And they cannot do special order.

The network points are right next to the socket outlets and visible, and so need to match. Any suggestions, apart from throw away what’s already been installed, and read the catalogue carefully before you buy? :eek:

Any help appreciated - thanks

Owen

http://www.electrium.co.uk/VolexCat09(1).pdf

Hi All

It's a long shot, but can anybody advise?

I've been trying to find sockets and switches for a kitchen to match existing in a next door Lounge. They are Volex, "Metal Plate" range, with Polished Chrome Angled Edge and White inserts. I also need TV/FM and network points. Volex 2009 catalogue (link below) page 28 "metal Plate" range, - gave list to wholesaler who came back with they don't do that range with white insert - only black???

I've since found direct from Volex, that for that particular combination (PCAE/white), have an exclusive deal with Screwfix, and you cannot buy from anywhere else. Screwfix does sell most of what I want, but not 1 Gang Cooker point, TV/FM diplexer, and RJ45 socket - or a module mounting plate. And they cannot do special order.

The network points are right next to the socket outlets and visible, and so need to match. Any suggestions, apart from throw away what’s already been installed, and read the catalogue carefully before you buy? :eek:

Any help appreciated - thanks

Owen

http://www.electrium.co.uk/VolexCat09(1).pdf

I seem to remember either TLC or QVS selling these volex sockets etc as their own brand.

Hope this helps a little?

Jim

Thanks for that Jim - I've had a look at both.

TLC version is made by varilight - similar - but hard to tell looking at a picture on-line (some look exactly the same - and others completely different). May order one and will compare, as there are no branches near me.
QVS - their old range had angled edges - but that's discontinued - and they only have what's left in clearance. Not good if I need to add to later.

Cheers
Owen

Reply to Polished Chrome sockets - Volex - White - Angled Edge in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock