Discuss Poor work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

To cut a long storey short, I saw another electrician do this, new sub meter.

they were both middle aged and he drove a brand spanking new VW transporter, a nice black one so obvious making the money, but anyway, they looked like they had been doing it years, they also did the rewire on this building.

abyway my point is I stood there watching them and they didn't realise I was also in the trade....

they aldo butchered big holes in the ceiling which were totally unnecessary, they could have been a lot smaller, this is in the front room of a new salon that's about to open next week and now it's got some holes to fix!

image.jpg

Been there. "Why do my dimable LEDs make a buzzing noise?" Which dimmer have you installed? "You know, a normal one"

15+ years in the trade, new vw van, arghhhhh!

They didn't seem to care at all, I could have got all those cables through a hole a third of the size of one of them!

And the termination is just poor to diabolical really, it's not good.

Sometimes it's just easier to use your 12 gauge to make the holes than start fiddling around with finding drill bits.

images.jpeg

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sammyshooter
General lack of knowledge and no how, should have seen the rest of his site.

Am I missing something? What you on about?

I was thinking the same!

Reply to Poor work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

im not sure where to post this.. and I need help [ I posted here because i guess Heating systems may need a hole this big , and this is the only...
Replies
Views
You might remember this delight from the dodgy trade pictures thread.... I finally got back to quote for sorting today. The chicken and egg...
Replies
Views
One of the oddest jobs I've ever had today. Called by a plumber I know who had attended after a leak through the kitchen ceiling from bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the middle of completely refurbishing a two storey house (in London, UK) including re-wiring the entire house (new wires, sockets...
Replies
Views
Been fitting some new lights today in a Georgian townhouse that has been converted to apartments. Finding the unexpected in these old buildings...
Replies
Views
Squid
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock