Discuss Positioning of an electric shower pull cord. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Tug

Hi,

Not new to forums, but definitely new here!

I've searched the regs, and guide, long and hard and can't find anything about where a 45A pull cord can and can't be located. The shower in question will be in a DDA toilet with a wet floor, no basin.

I feel that the means of isolation should be within the room, via a pull cord, but outside arms-reach of the person using the shower.

Any help appreciated.

I've been through 701 so many times, but there's no mention of pull cords, so I guess I just treat it as an electrical accessory? 1.2m out and 2.25m up?

Why don't you like pull cords?

it's quite common for them to be fitted on the ceiling. :ack2:

Trying to connect 2x 10mm t+e cables up in to a 45amp pull cord on a deep pattress you've struggled getting a descent fixing on a crumbling lath and plaster ceiling is not my idea of fun lol

You never heard of pink grip? Aint no way that pull cord is coming down with having the rest of the ceiling attatched to it.

You never heard of pink grip? Aint no way that pull cord is coming down with having the rest of the ceiling attatched to it.

Left my apprentice once to stick up all the fan grills on a new build block of flats we were doing, came back to site and I thought good lad he's put them up quick. Turned out he had took what I said literally and stuck them up with pink grip lol every time i drive past I look up to see if the grills are still up and they are after two years. Pink grip is the mutts nuts lol

Just inside the bathroom, on the non hinged side of the door so you don't snag the pull cord when the door opens and closes, Jeez

Hmm, let me explain a bit more.

The shower is already in and working. It has an isolation device (cooker switch) located in a cupboard on the back of the wall that the shower is mounted on. Trouble is the water pressure drops occasionally causing the shower to thermal. This involves the person wrapping themselves in a towel and walking around to the cupboard, switching the isolator off and back on. Then they go back to the shower to continue. This is not ideal.

I've been tasked with fitting an isolator within the DDA/shower room, and just wondered if there are any specific dimensions for locating the pull cord. I can't find any myself, so thought I'd ask.

Two 10mm cables into a pull cord? Child's play.

If you're going to use a pull switch then use a Crabtree one , I have found them more reliable than others and also you terminate the it away from the ceiling and then screw it up afterwards and your not putting pressure on the terminations like you do with conventional pull switches when you screw up the switch to the patress , just make sure its positioned outside zones if you want it accessible from the shower , i.e. above 2.25 M high or outside 600mm away from the verge of the shower..

If you're going to use a pull switch then use a Crabtree one , I have found them more reliable than others and also you terminate the it away from the ceiling and then screw it up afterwards and your not putting pressure on the terminations like you do with conventional pull switches when you screw up the switch to the patress , just make sure its positioned outside zones if you want it accessible from the shower , i.e. above 2.25 M high or outside 600mm away from the verge of the shower..

Bingo, that's what I was looking for! Common sense really, but wanted to know exact numbers. Being a legal firm (the client) they tend to ask all manner of probing questions, it's just their nature I suppose.

Thanks again.

Bingo, that's what I was looking for! Common sense really, but wanted to know exact numbers. Being a legal firm (the client) they tend to ask all manner of probing questions, it's just their nature I suppose.

Thanks again.

If your using this as a legal quote then the info given is a guide only ,you should be quoting from the BGB and as your working in a special location the circuit should be tested , before and after work is carried out ....

Reply to Positioning of an electric shower pull cord. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock