Discuss Power cuts everywhere in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
All this wind seems to be causing quite a headache for the grid.
not seen it this bad for a long time, if ever.

note, this is only for western power distribution area, I bet the whole country would look like a measles outbreak if there was a map of all areas.

612EF727-EF61-4556-86EA-F74566686879.png

I live in the middle of the “n” of the word Birmingham on that map and all is good here too.
But it must be a grim morning for a lot of people who are affected.

A few flickers up my way, but power stayed on.

Fence has collapsed between me and neighbour and there’s a good few trees down on local road.

I’m supposed to be changing a garden floodlight up a ladder today… that’ll not be happening!

Stay safe if you’re out.
Could be a little dangerous, it can be difficult to persuade the house owner to foot the ladder when you rock up up in your kilt.?

Our site is still working, but quite a lot of fence damage so going out later to try and patch it up for general safety and security (though generally a quiet country area so less issue of drunks doing dumb stuff). Also the turdis went for a walk and righting that is not going to be pleasant!

Saw a few flickers on lights but no sign of any outages being reported by the various UPS.

Edit: SSE has a map, but crap as only seems to work in Chrome, and it is reporting 277 just now (10:11 on 27th)

We have had a few Dips and flickers in Northamptonshire, but it's still on!
On another note anyone keep an eye on gridwatch ? Some strange goings on with the grid of late odd patterns and a total loss of CCGT the other day, and we hit 44GW I think it was yesterday! Not much margin left!!

I‘m currently watching the big willow at the end of our garden that stills needs pollarding..... old trunk has to be 1.5m+ dia at least and will make one hell of a mess if it goes over!!

I‘m currently watching the big willow at the end of our garden that stills needs pollarding..... old trunk has to be 1.5m+ dia at least and will make one hell of a mess if it goes over!!
make a good fire on the log burner though.

The grim results of high winds after righting (with a rope, as far as practical from the doorway). You can see why it is called the turdis, for something no bigger than an old police phone box it claims to have the capacity for 7 people!
overturned-toilet.jpg

Haven't even seen a flicker of the lights, and the clock/radio in the bedroom that usually starts to flash 12.00 when the power fails for anything over a millisecond was still showing the correct time this morning.
Missus's favourite holly tree is lying on its side though.

Reply to Power cuts everywhere in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net