Discuss Power-one dreaded E031 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Uklad

-
Reaction score
Yesterday my inverter gave up with the dreaded E031 what's the best contact to get the replacement arranged ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ABB have their own fitting team and will sort you out if you ring them. I had the same error and they are changing out the inverter in a few weeks I also believe they will reimburse you for the lost fit.

Ken.

Are you an installer? If not, contact your installer as ABB are unlikely to deal directly with an end customer.

Complete the form Service agreements - Service (Solar inverters) | ABB

Phone them:0800 023 2341

Called them they will deal with me directly, I was missing one but of info so will need to call back thanks for the contact number

Mine died with the same error on Sunday 13 March. I called ABB on the 14th and a replacement was installed on Tuesday 18 April. Their agent's van was filled with perhaps 2 dozen inverters and he was doing a tour of the southeast swapping out dead inverters. It was all at no charge to me as the inverter was some 51 months into the 60 month warranty.

Mine died with the same error on Sunday 13 March. I called ABB on the 14th and a replacement was installed on Tuesday 18 April. Their agent's van was filled with perhaps 2 dozen inverters and he was doing a tour of the southeast swapping out dead inverters. It was all at no charge to me as the inverter was some 51 months into the 60 month warranty.
What was the payment for lost generation ?

These are the rates listed on the compensation application form:

Inverter installed in 2011£0.80/kWp
Inverter installed in 2012£0.72/kWp
1st January 2013 – 1st June 2013£0.48/kWp
From 1st June 2013Not applicable

So for example if your system was installed in 2011, is out for 40 calendar days and it's a PVI 3.6-OUTD inverter they will pay you 0.8*40*3.6 = £115.20. Time of year is not relevant and the clock starts on the day you notify them of the outage, not the actual day of failure.

I would estimate that I lost out on about 500 kWh of FIT payments so my outage left me about £150 "out of pocket".

Hi where do you obtain the compensation application form or do ABB send it out after the replacement change over.
Thanks
Ken.

These are the rates listed on the compensation application form:

Inverter installed in 2011£0.80/kWp
Inverter installed in 2012£0.72/kWp
1st January 2013 – 1st June 2013£0.48/kWp
From 1st June 2013Not applicable

So for example if your system was installed in 2011, is out for 40 calendar days and it's a PVI 3.6-OUTD inverter they will pay you 0.8*40*3.6 = £115.20. Time of year is not relevant and the clock starts on the day you notify them of the outage, not the actual day of failure.

I would estimate that I lost out on about 500 kWh of FIT payments so my outage left me about £150 "out of pocket".

You'll need to request after your inverter has been replaced at the same contact number posted above. Have your care/reference number to hand.

I have given up with this error there seems to be a massive amount of inverters from power one with this error,, I refer the customer directly to power one, it seems to get dealt with faster .

The chap who replaced my inverter made some comment that when ABB bought Power One they found a bit of a mess to clean about - my implication/timing he was talking about the number of faulty inverters, all with the same error presumably down to a design flaw or sub-standard component.

To their credit ABB has made the replacement process quite painless for the consumer, the delay notwithstanding. One phone call to them and the ball is rolling.

Reply to Power-one dreaded E031 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net