Discuss Power Shower Installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hey,

What's the standard way a power shower is installed, I've done electric showers but not power shower before.

Also is a fan mandatory in a bathroom
In order to give correct advice, where are you located? The Irish tricolour is displayed on your post,although I realise this isn't necessarily where you are.

a powwer shower is usually pump fed. the pump is a low load device which is usually connected to a local socket circuit via a FCU with 5A fuse.

I'm in the UK, although the regs are pretty similar anyway
There are a number of differences around bathrooms, and the legalities are very different.

But for a power shower you could either run a dedicated circuit, or spur off a socket circuit, or even feed it from a lighting circuit. Make sure it's RCD protected, and if other circuits in the bathroom aren't then supplementary bonding will be needed too. Fan will come under Building Regulations rather than Wiring Regulations, but I think the general advice is that if you have a window then it could technically be omitted.

Reply to Power Shower Installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock