Discuss Power supply for led fixture in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kiyev

-
Reaction score
Hello,

my cousin gave me a led fixture for which the power supply is no longer working. He threw it away so I cannot look at the specs there. He says he measured 78v out of the power supply before throwing it away, but he did not sound convincing.

In the pictures attached you can see the whole led fixture and the specification found in the fixture.

It says SD-8193-01 12*750 20/2 in each row. Each row has 20 led (10 white + 10 blue) for a total of 40 led in the whole fixture.

I also attach a video with the behaviour of the led fixture attaching a led driver I had with output 36V-68VDC 300mA.
https://vimeo.com/user90659718/review/295323971/d709558c86
It blinks, but it should remain lit. Maybe amperage of this led driver (300mA) is not enough?
I was considering that maybe the 12*750 means 12v and 750mA, but it seems unlikely to me. Any idea?

complete.JPG specs.JPG

Hi,it is difficult to work out what the 78V was,if he threw it away afterwards...
They would seem to be displaying symptoms of an under powered driver,but without more detail,it is hard to say.

I have Googled "SD-8193-01 12*750 20/2" but no led strip came up... Maybe its just me doing it wrong.
What is the manufacturers name of the strip?

Reply to Power supply for led fixture in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I am currently DIY upgrading a caravan with my girlfriend but need some advice. The (very old) 230VAC to 13.8VDC power supply broke down...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm currently working on a project where I'd like to slowly fade the brightness of a series of high brightness RGBW LEDs. Basically...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am the artist, (I'm not an electronist or electrician). I have a weird problem that I never encountered. I have a small power supply led...
Replies
Views
This might be a silly question and after 20 years doing this I probably should know the answer, but can a switched mode power supply and an led...
Replies
Views
Years ago, I cut off the front end of my 1970 Pontiac Catalina before I drove it to the junkyard. I created a bracket and mounted it to my garage...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock