Discuss Power supply to an additional lighting point in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Raj B

Hi all

A guy at work said I can spur off a socket to a 3amp fused spur and use that as a supply for additional lighting. Is this correct?

if it's outside lighting, the best way is via a D/P FCU, so in case of a fault caused perhaps by water ingress, the outside light/s can be isolated.

Hi all

A guy at work said I can spur off a socket to a 3amp fused spur and use that as a supply for additional lighting. Is this correct?

Depends on whether the socket is already a spur.
Also remember that you will need to complete an MWC along with carrying out adequate testing. That's once you've assessed that there is RCD protection if the new cabling will be buried less than 50mm from the surface. As you are an apprentice, I'm sure that you know all this though. :)

Reply to Power supply to an additional lighting point in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm adding American muscle's halo fog lights to my 2006 v6 mustang and am looking for a good place to connect the positive side to power the...
Replies
Views
Hi, apologies for the basic question In a radial circuit, is it permissable to spur off the supply side of an existing fused connection unit...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I’m looking to install an outside light as a spur from a socket on a ring main. There is already a spur from this socket supplying...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have supplied my Shed with a 6mm SWA cable into a nice consumer unit. In there I have a 6Amp MCB for the lights and a 16 A supplying a...
Replies
Views
DIYer question. I have a 32 amp supply going from consumer unit in garage to kitchen. It supplies an induction hob only. The cable is easily...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock