Discuss Power to garages and workshops? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

will_82

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

At work my boss asked me to run power to two new workshops from the main dist board. he said that we had to run 25mm armoured as "that is the smallest you can take to a consumer unit" is that in the regs??

So if someone in a house wanted power to a garage/workshop, surely you dont have to run 25mmSq to that consumer unit? or do you? doesnt sound right to me

Cheers Will

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
M

mike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
it dont matter what size cable you use as long as it will take the load

R

rumrunner

Why querry what the boss says? ,just do what he says ,depending how he prices the work and allowing for the future maybee he knows something you dont ,
atvbitwww

W

will_82

yeah your right, just like to understand why things are done.

R

rumrunner

Yeah ,Thats fine im glad you agree,theres nothing wrong with asking questions and sometimes the answer is not quite the one you expect. thats how we learn.
atvbitwww

W

wayne

ive just remembered where the information is !!!
the osg states minimum size of meter tails is 25mm2(page14)
but a submain can be calculated like any other cable however your boss might want to add on a bit as rum runner says HE'S THE BOSS

R

rumrunner

as explained before to someone else it is shorthand for,
ALL THE VERY BEST IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD which is English for Slangivar,
atvbitwww

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Power to garages and workshops? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom