Discuss Power to turnstile in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Got me thinking,maybe too much,power to turnstile,card controlled,for exit & entry.
16 amp,Rcbo protected.
The turnstile is external,fixed to metal fencing,would this need main bonding,the power of local DB inside property.

I'm not sure it's clear what you're asking?

Are you saying should it need bonding to match the DB?

So it isn't bonded at all now or too low?

(I'm not a sparky)

Have you tested to see if extraneous? What does the manufacturer say about bonding?

How can it be extraneous,it’s already external,& definitely @ earth potential.
My concern is does it require main earth bonding ,that would be a major problem,there are also light columns in the area,where the turnstile is,these do not have bonding conductors.
Because the turnstile is electrical equipment,does the cpc satisfy requirements,being an exposed conductive part.
[automerge]1570899371[/automerge]
I'm not sure it's clear what you're asking?

Are you saying should it need bonding to match the DB?

So it isn't bonded at all now or too low?

(I'm not a sparky)
Asking will it need bonding,it’s an added piece of equipment which attaches to the fence.

use the fence and a couple of rods as TT earthing.

Reply to Power to turnstile in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
I recently purchased a rural property in Arizona. The property receives power from APS, the local electric utility. Power arrives from the...
Replies
Views
5 single phases to one huge property. Backup generator which can take about 106 amps split between 2 phases - 1 phase will be wired through...
Replies
Views
Seen many answers on this but still not sure on a definite answer. Power installed inside metal container, the units inside a warehouse, the...
Replies
Views
I need to handle power failure for my electric strikes in my house. Of course, I can leave the keyed entry on the knobs, but what if I wanted to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock