Discuss Power track in offices in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cliffed

-
Arms
Reaction score
Giving a hand to some sparks on a real nice job..but..
Anyone fitted the power track system,bus bar & the plug off’s to sockets.
It states they are 3 metre lengths,if over then these leads need to be fused.
It’s a 63 amp system,with a 40 amp Rcd,also plug in 1.5mm flex,can’t get my head around this.
It’s all factory made,& all the bits have been sent,but why a 40 amp Rcd protecting the cable.
So it’s 63 amps,leads are 4.0mm straight from plug off,then 1.5mm of the Rcd.

I think the power track we installed had a 32A protective device feeding the track and the floor boxes had 4mm from the box to the plugin installed inmetallic flexible conduit.

Thanks all,yes the Rcd is for the sockets,I think the Rcd will need to be changed from 40 to maybe 32 or 16 amp.
Especially with the 1.5mm supplying sockets.

As above, what's the reason for down rating the current of the RCD?

There are other sockets plugged into the Busbar,with 2.5 flex on load side of rcbo,that’s rated @ 40 amp.

This is the sort of equipment,this plugs straight into the 63 amp bus bar system.

Attachments

• Power track in offices 9A16E689-3A7C-467F-9D98-9A073C150EC1 - EletriciansForums.net
    9A16E689-3A7C-467F-9D98-9A073C150EC1.jpeg
    524.3 KB · Views: 15
look at my post regarding earth leakage, they might want to change there minds!!

So the 4 way is restricted to 12.6A effectively, I can't see 1.5mm having an overloading issue.
Ok,I personally haven’t seen something like this,this can be directly plugged into the Busbar,obviously the 3m length determinates the overload protection required.
@the moment this lead is actually on the Rcd module side,which is a 40amp rcbo,still not getting it though.
The Chiefs say it’s ok,it’s a factory manufactured plug & play.

Reply to Power track in offices in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock