Discuss PPE For Service Fuse Pulling in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SKY

Hi All

What PPE do you chaps wear when having to pull a service fuse for a CU change.

Also has anyone pulled a fuse that has been damaged in any way leaving a dangerous situation?

Thanks

ideal world nick. but i'm doing a CU change tomorrow, not 2 weeks next thursday, or maybe the friday, or will it be october?

Yes i know i pull them my self , cant really give PPE advice on something im not suposed to do now can I ,lol , so off the record make sure the board is switched off , pull out fuse , remove fuse and re insert carrier dont ever do the jobe with the fuse carrier not plugged in and dont loose the fuse you could wear rubber gloves not marrigolds but electricians gloves i suppose

once upon a time, a man i know had his leccy cut off. those nice men left a fuse carrier with no fuse in there. useful piece of kit. :blush5:

Single 0

I always use ARCO.
Good selection of gear at good prices, occasionally have general outdoor clothing on discount as well.
And it's only 10 mins drive away for me, which is handy!

sure if their is no load the can be no arc..

always assuming that the fuse assembly is in good condition.

perhaps he's going to weld it back in after.

Reply to PPE For Service Fuse Pulling in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock