Discuss practical 2394 live tests in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jkas1984

hi there

hope you are all well

looking for a bit of info on the live tests ze,pfc,zs,rcd

i have done the BG course and doing the practical test next week and i am struggling to remember the correct procedure.

the test rig has a isolator which is locked off till you have finished the IR test.

in my notes i have wrote you keep it locked off with the main switch off for ZE?

should i have it unlocked and the test rig energized? the same goes for the rest off the tests.

cheers for the help.

jeff

Once you have all your circuit details, ask for permission to isolate the installation, lock off the isolator and keep hold of the key, perform your internal inspections, and then test
Continuity of protective conductors including bonding
Continuity of ring final circuit conductors
Insulation resistance for the installation.
If all is OK at this point then, ensuring all breakers and the main switch are off, remove the isolation.
Ze can be conducted with the main switch off by testing at the incoming terminals, which will now be live, remember to reconnect the earthing conductor afterwards.
Then PEFC and PSCC can be measured in the same way
The RCD test will require power to the RCD so the main switch and RCD will be on but nothing else.
Functional testing then requires the installation to be fully powered; once you have replaced all cover and barriers and accessories.

Check out Electrical Ze testing on youtube, this may be of help to you

Reply to practical 2394 live tests in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock