Discuss Pre Attendance Test 1 - Health & Safety Trades Gateway in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi fellas , im desperate :) i failed teh pre attendance test 3 times , ive noticed many ppl did, have anyone passed this test?can they share the results?
Is there a fb page, or a whats up group, or anything where ppl talk beside this forum, on how far they got, or helping each other?
Im also really curious , as they promised that in average they will put you to work after 9-12 months...is anyone in this situation? did they found a place to work?
If people are coming together to help each other like Tom and Green lid, im in aswell.
Thank you in advance.
Hello. Olso in the same situation I failed 5 times and don't cam more. ...the test health and safety assignment detached house refurbished version 4 I read so many books but still failed please can anyone help me with share the results.
Thanks .

how did you get on?
[automerge]1583249350[/automerge]
Help!!! I cant believe this BS! Ive tried twice now and failed. Any help and support would be appreciated.

You didnt fail twice you most probably passed twice but the shady outfit you've choose to do your training with have to hold back on places.

I am doing the NTC Electricans course NVQ 2 at the moment, I am also stuck on the bloody Health and Safety test and its a joke did it 2 times and failed , Im sure I will fail again.

I am doing the NTC Electricians course NVQ 2 at the moment, I am also stuck on the bloody Health and Safety test and its a joke did it 2 times and failed, I'm sure I will fail again.

Hello, I am also with NTC, and currently doing my 2nd year, I've finished all my TMA's, and am now waiting to do my final set of practical assessments for my Level 2 qualification.

I failed the health and safety pre-attendance test once, after which I found everyone saying the same things about it being dodgy, fixed etc.
All I can say is, I then sent them an email/webmail complaining, saying people claimed it's dodgy etc. I then got a phone call the next day from one of the tutor's reassuring my fears.

I then sat the test again, but the 2nd time I took as long as I needed, googling for the information and looking at the H&S documents in different tabs. Doing this took me a good couple of hours I think.

Either way, I passed the 2nd time. There is no score afterwards, just a pass or a fail, so I can't really help specifically as I don't know what I got right, wrong or anything in between. Nor do I have any idea whether it was related to me complaining or not as others have said about them holding people back.

All I will say is perhaps just send them a message and see what they say and just try and take your time with each individual question as they're purposely tricky to see if people are paying attention I think.

Good luck my friend.

I've attached a photo to show that it isn't a complete scam, and that you will progress once you manage to get passed the extremely annoying H&S Pre-attendance test.

NTC.png

Hi all
New here, failed my exam for the third time this evening and I’m based in Manchester so not sure if the lack of local courses thing, if true, is something to do with it? I was sure I’d nailed the test, went back through to check and match up with previous questions,
Google and used the two pdf links they give you but failed. Two things annoy me, no pass mark given just pass or fail so not sure if you have to get 100% or 60%! And secondly two answers can basically mean the same. Has anyone else noticed/come across this? Anyone got any words of wisdom?
@Kyle88 - congrats!
Regards
Ollie
Got a copy of the questions asked Mate? interest only

Hello, I am also with NTC, and currently doing my 2nd year, I've finished all my TMA's, and am now waiting to do my final set of practical assessments for my Level 2 qualification.

I failed the health and safety pre-attendance test once, after which I found everyone saying the same things about it being dodgy, fixed etc.
All I can say is, I then sent them an email/webmail complaining, saying people claimed it's dodgy etc. I then got a phone call the next day from one of the tutor's reassuring my fears.

I then sat the test again, but the 2nd time I took as long as I needed, googling for the information and looking at the H&S documents in different tabs. Doing this took me a good couple of hours I think.

Either way, I passed the 2nd time. There is no score afterwards, just a pass or a fail, so I can't really help specifically as I don't know what I got right, wrong or anything in between. Nor do I have any idea whether it was related to me complaining or not as others have said about them holding people back.

All I will say is perhaps just send them a message and see what they say and just try and take your time with each individual question as they're purposely tricky to see if people are paying attention I think.

Good luck my friend.

I've attached a photo to show that it isn't a complete scam, and that you will progress once you manage to get passed the extremely annoying H&S Pre-attendance test.

View attachment 58555

God knows what H&S exam you're doing but the level 2 is 60% pass rate https://www.cityandguilds.com/-/med...ical_installation_qualification_handbook.ashx

Anyone done this exam? I'll be sitting it my second time on the 15/3 and my god it is impossible. So many ambiguous answers and things where i just wasn't sure (even tried referring to my notes!) Can anyone offer help/advice to get me through this stage, due to personal problems im half way through the course but not even half way through the material so really need to get through this ASAP! Thanks very much all!
Yep, in the end had to do a written assessment, which took me for ever. I’ve sent it in 3 weeks ago and still waiting for it to be marked.

God knows what H&S exam you're doing but the level 2 is 60% pass rate https://www.cityandguilds.com/-/med...ical_installation_qualification_handbook.ashx

Hey,

Yes that's the official qualification exam which is fine to do.

The one we're referring to is a test we need to do before we can do out first practical training (pre-attendance H&S) and although the providers always state it's a C&G test and they have nothing to do with it, it seems like you only pass when they want you too. As others state the questions are very ambiguous and multiple answers could all potentially be the correct answer.

The 601 isn't an issue and is completely different from what we are referring to here, but thank you very much for the file as that gives a good insight to the pass rates and other useful information for myself so thanks. :)

From previous posts on this issue over the years the evidence points towards the test being BS.

My understanding is that the provider does this purely as a delaying tactic and to put the blame on to the trainee for their own lack of capacity.

I may be wrong but..
If it looks like it, smells like it and tastes like it then it probably is.... ;)

From previous posts on this issue over the years the evidence points towards the test being BS.

My understanding is that the provider does this purely as a delaying tactic and to put the blame on to the trainee for their own lack of capacity.

I may be wrong but..
If it looks like it, smells like it and tastes like it then it probably is.... ;)

Agreed it is a delaying tactic which of course if it was a proper C&G H&S exam this would be impossible to delay hence why I am sure its the reason why they have made their own H&S exam up so they can delay, pass & fail who & when they want.

No im from Norfolk.

Oh it's Higher National Certificate, a different qualification, in between an NVQ and a degree.

No i know how you feel mate, i got my own house as well and when it wasn't going great i needed something more concrete for money. But i do still wanna be a sparky and have been looking at local colleges, to be honest they take longer and a bit more commitment when you might not want to (1/2 evenings a week) but 4 n a half to 5 years time you are a fully qualified sparky, C&G/NVQ lvl 3 & AM2. The one i looked at was around 2,100 for the lvl 2 and lvl 3 and they didn't mention prices for NVQ and AM2 but they are normally not more than 1-2 grand. No doubt you can get a job after you do the C&G 2365 lvl 2 or 3 to build up the experience and get paid!

Yeah it does make you feel negative. Although if you can get through it and at the end of the day get the qualification you want, albeit it not in a positive way, then that's all that matters. Let me know how you get on with the course in general either on here or messaging. I'd be curious to know how it progresses as you get further in. Like i say i still learnt alot of the theory through it and my experience elsewhere so any help you need give me a shout. I am an electrical engineer by trade!
Hi, please could you help me with the H&S questions for module 8 pre assessment test. Thank you.

Hi,

I see that a lot of people are struggling with this test, I just failed 4 times the web version and now I got the paper version which is totally different from the web version.
Does anyone know how many times do you have to redo this test so you can actually pas?

Hi,

I see that a lot of people are struggling with this test, I just failed 4 times the web version and now I got the paper version which is totally different from the web version.
Does anyone know how many times do you have to redo this test so you can actually pas?
Until you pass the pass mark at a guess

Hi,

No exactly need to studying a lot and send soo much information for can pass...

Reply to Pre Attendance Test 1 - Health & Safety Trades Gateway in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net