• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Price rewire 3 bed (customer to chase) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys just woundering a fair price for the following 3 bed rewire (customer to chase walls) was thinking £2400? thanks guys

Note: all accessories in standard plastic unless otherwise stated

Electrical Supply
· fit 17[SUP]th[/SUP] edition consumer unit(customer supplied)
· New 25mm2 main tails
· Gas and water earth bond 10mm2
· RCBO for smoke detectors (required by regulations)
· New main Earth 16mm2

Living room
· 3x double sockets
· 1x 1gang light switch
· 1 x pendant light

Dining room
· 2x double sockets
· 1xlight switch
· 1x 1 gang light switch

Kitchen
· 1x 3gang switch
· 3x lights (customer supplied)
· 6x double sockets
· 1xsingle socket cooker extractor
· 1x cooker switch and supply
· 1x cooker connector plate
· 1xoven feed
· 1xoven switch
· 1xmains interlinked heat detector

Out House
· 1x 2gang light switch
· 2x pendant lights
· 4x Double sockets
· 1x Pir bulkhead light
· 1x 150w Pir security light
Storage out house
· 1x double socket (trunking)
· 1x light switch (trunking)
· 1xpendant light

Downstairs hallway
· 1x Double socket
· 1x 2gang switch (2-way landing)
· 1x pendant light
· 1xmains interlinked smoke detector

Upstairs Landing
· 1xmains interlinked smoke detector
· 1x light switch (2-way)
· 1x double socket landing
· 1xlight

Toilet
· 1x light switch
· 1xpendant light

Bathroom
· 1x pull switch
· 2x bathroom lights (customer supplied)
· 1x Fan light(customer to vent)
· 1x pull switch for fan light

Bedroom 1
· 2x double socket
· 1x double socket TV
· 2X pendant light
· 1x2 gang switch

Bedroom 2
· 2x double sockets
· 1x light switch
· 1xpendant light

Bedroom 3
· 2x double sockets
· 1x light switch
· 1xpendant light

Attic
· 1x Batton Holder light
· 1x pull switch

Warranty
· 12 month warranty on materials supplied
· Insurance back warranty through NICEIC
· Genuine NICEIC electrical installation certificate
· Installation Part P Registered

Note: Customer to chase walls for cable routes for electrical accessories.

Does your client know which CU to buy if you're planning to add a RCBO? and as above why the RCBO, I'd be running it off one of the lighting circuits.

Also think the price may be a bit high for South Wales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds about right! i hate the customers getting involved though! dont forget to stick a bit on for having to go around all the customers chases afterwards where there too shallow/too deep/cementing the back of the socket chases where theres nothing to fix a box to etc etc etc

Id leave out the RCBO, are the smokes Batt back up?

I thought smoke detectors needed a seperate independent supply ? so cannot be taken from the lighting circuit ??? I might be wrong

Yeah its a wylex high integrity board. iv always ran them independantly on there own circuit from the main switch rcbo, niceic inspector thinks it a good idea also .personal preference i can see where your coming from if your lights are out then your smokes are out and you know there not working. but then if youve got a fault on one rcd then the smokes are not working and they could be needed in an emergency.

I thought smoke detectors needed a seperate independent supply ? so cannot be taken from the lighting circuit ??? I might be wrong
I dont have the green updated edition. But it WAS ( is?) preferred to put on the lighting circuit. Customer then knows power to alarms are off and also discourages end user from switching off when tripping and forgetting to put back on.

for domestic grade D smoke alarms you can supply from a lighting circuit and on an RCD if they have a standby supply eg battery back up.

If you are installing a grade C system or above this needs to be on an independant supply

you wont find this in the BGB it will be in the building regs or bS5839

if hes happy to that give him the back boxs red wall plugs 5.5drill bet and tell him go a head then if he f/up then he knows who to call then......make sure you give him the gromet

Id echo what has already been said about customers chasing in the cable routes. I had a job where this was done and none of the chases were deep enough it was a real pain to sort. I thought the price seems very reasonable, I hope you get the job.

Sounds about right! i hate the customers getting involved though! dont forget to stick a bit on for having to go around all the customers chases afterwards where there too shallow/too deep/cementing the back of the socket chases where theres nothing to fix a box to etc etc etc

Id leave out the RCBO, are the smokes Batt back up?
I wouldn`t cement the backbox chase up....just foam it....and smokes/heats off a lighting circuit......

Reply to Price rewire 3 bed (customer to chase) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back