Discuss Price work rates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My employer recently wanted me to work to a price rate rather than an hourly rate what do you guys think to these prices £35 a test and £30 to replace a consumer unit i think theyre absoloute mugs

WOW ? those prices are ludicrous, you would get a total of £65.00 for board change and test, say that’s 6 hours work your not even earning £11 an hour

No i am employed direct and theyre offering those price rates to employees rather than theyre hourly rate also my contract states should price work be the case on a project you will be subject to those price rates
An employee can't take on the risk - that's the employer's. Likewise self-employed cannot be without the risk or they are an employee.

Is it a contract of employment or a contract for services?

You shouldn't be forced to do piece work if you aren't setting the price yourself.
That's like me telling my mechanic how much he should be charging me to fix my car.
A 'rate' should be agreed by both parties in advance.
In all my employed days it was always an hourly or weekly wage and never piece work...

We have previously offered price works to our engineers, when they’re doing a specific contract and the works was identical in each store, however this was done through a consultation and those that didn’t want to do it stayed in there hourly

Reply to Price work rates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I just started out recently and I’m struggling with what to price myself at. It’s worth noting I live in the east London area and I’m looking...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been asked to quote an EICR on a fairly large installation. Approx. 400 circuits that are a mixture of single and 3 phase. This is across...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views
Just need a bit of advice from some domestic sparks. I work in engineering so I don’t normally price domestic work. I need to remove a socket from...
Replies
Views
Hi So after working for a company i have decided to go self employed and start my own business. people on checkatrade my builder and rated...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock