Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Price? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

On the bright side, they can cook and make a brew during a power cut.
Alas, not on modern hobs that have the electrically powered gas cut-off if a flame blows out...

Just to put my oar in, I have a gas bhob, I hated the solid metal electric hobs (sister had one many moons ago) due to the really slow reactions, but the "halogen" style ceramic that my parents have is fine. Never tried induction though.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Induction is a revelation compared to Halogen, noticeable things like boiling water from a kettle is almost instantly boiling when poured into a saucepan on a induction hob, another plus, if something does boil over it does not stick to the hob as the top surface outside the cooking zone is not hot, but the main attribute is the instantaneous control over the heat in the pan, so no excuse for something boiling over, next post will be how to cook perfect poached eggs. :innocent:

freddo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
My biggest hate with induction hobs is the annoying touch controls, especially if you have to first select the ring you want to adjust then set it up or down by pressing the buttons repeatedly. Gas you just turn a knob up or down.

Conversely the knob has to be removed occasionally for cleaning underneath it and the knob itself, not needed on a ceramic or induction hob with no knob's, but then Neff have a induction hob with a magnetic removable knob to operate the new generation induction hobs, backward step?? Perhaps.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Price? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom