Discuss Prices for periodic testing? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Gembags

Hi all!
i am needing periodic testing done, commercially. I am a landlady of a pub and I'm wanting to know what I should be getting charged or even if anyone is willing to give me a quote? I have 6 fuse boards, 46 breakers in total. I know that one board is a cat 1 and other fixtures are needed such as plug sockets not attached to wall/fire alarm button being the same. Due to recent electrical sight inspection on breaker is thought to be 'arc'ing. This is 5 year testing not 1 year testing. Thanks!

It will depend on a lot of different factors I'm afraid, I would looking around the several hundreds mark, but from what you describe it sounds like you have already had an inspection done.

I had an electrician round for something else, he told me the basics but isn't qualified to do the actual testing. Somebody told me £60 per breaker plus vat and then any remedials on top. Which would take to around £3000 just for testing which I though was extortionate.

plenty of sparks around your area on here, be patient and I bet some will be happy to quote you, I would never take any notice of guesses regarding Jobs like yours, it will need to be looked at and the spark will work out how many days it will take at around 200 a day and then another 2-300 probably for office works, without seeing the Job just thrashing a figure of £3k around is crazy, however he may be right, who knows without looking?

To add to my first post, I cannot see a spark needing more than a week at the most in a pub doing the inspection, with agreed limitations depending on connected equipment and the fact the public are in and out all day the 46 circuits won't all be thoroughly examined, allow a bit of time for office work that £3k estimate gets even more ridiculous IMO.

I had an electrician round for something else, he told me the basics but isn't qualified to do the actual testing. Somebody told me £60 per breaker plus vat and then any remedials on top. Which would take to around £3000 just for testing which I though was extortionate.

Sounds a bit OTT on cost IMHO, I would be more than happy to have a look for you.....

Good man, I bet there will be lots of remedials, I did a pub in Dursley once near where I am, I ended up rewiring it :smilielol5:

^^^^ approximately as above with remedials on top if any are required, beware of really cheap quotes as they may do you on repairs.

The pub was completely rewired after the Sheffield floods, the previous 5 year testing the new wired system was 20/06/2008 when it was fitted. The £60 per breaker had been knocked down from £95 per breaker, but I still think this is an expensive price, as all of you are saying. Maybe if that included all the extra work needed after testing but that would be extra with this company.

SYKRAPS has said he would pop around and quote you, that's a result isn't it? you may end up laughing at the £3k estimate.

do not know anyone on this forum in person so nothing in it for me but get Sykraps to quote you and I do not believe you will regret it (a good thorough job for fair price) this other company are taking he ........

do not know anyone on this forum in person so nothing in it for me but get Sykraps to quote you and I do not believe you will regret it (a good thorough job for fair price) this other company are taking he ........
AND YOU CAN COME BACK HERE AND SLAG HIM OFF IF IT DOESN'T WORK OUT :smilielol5:sorry for the caps haha

If the installation in its entirety is only 5 years old with no DIY additions there should be no issues and no remedials 'Should' be required, obviously if the installation was done correctly.......and quite right the price given in this case is expensive.

I have sent you a PM by the way Gembags

Is that normal to charge customers per breaker? Ive never come across that one before.

The people l know quote for their time, fuel, and any admin costs etc but they definitely do NOT quote people per breaker.

Or is it because im from the North??? :28:

Is that normal to charge customers per breaker? Ive never come across that one before.

The people l know quote for their time, fuel, and any admin costs etc but they definitely do NOT quote people per breaker.

Or is it because im from the North??? :28:
I would quote time because all circuits are different, however I frequently see per breaker prices.

Reply to Prices for periodic testing? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net