Discuss pricing a large 3 bed re-wire. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

seb77

-
Reaction score
Evening lads.

Most of my work in new build installation but i have been asked to price for the above job. Its a large 3 bed detatched house. its going to have an up and down stairs ring circuit (3/4 sockets in each bed, 1 socket in hall and another on landing, 6 twins in lounge). it will also have a ring in the kitchen and utility room(switched spurs above worktop for white goods).cooker is all gas but i may as well run a 6mm2 t&e for future use.12 fire rated spots in kitchen.

Also downstairs is a 3 x 3meter single storey extension that will have 4 twin sockets and 2 pendant light fittings and outside light to cover garden area. There will be 1 x heat detector and 3 x smoke detectors with in the property wired from the downstairs light circuit.

also there will be downstairs and upstairs lighting circuits,combi boiler supply. Bonding to main water and gas.new 12 way dual RCD board. All sockets/swiches will be chopped into the wall and white plastic. I think you get the general gist. Is there a rule of thumb way of pricing up such a job and how much do you think i should quote??. Many many thanks.

Hi Seb, we had a thread on here a few days ago that got quite heated about different prices for re-wires up and down the country and a couple of the lads ended up with temporary bans over it.

So if no-one speaks loudly then that's probably why - it's a hot potato subject.

My only advice to you would be to work out what your materials costs will be, get a gauge for the average prices in your area (ask around the wholesalers is a good bet) and then your price is the difference between the two plus what you want to get out of it.

Reply to pricing a large 3 bed re-wire. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net