Discuss Pricing a restaurant in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi

Could someone please give me some advice on how to price commercial type work. I have worked on commercial properties when I worked for a company so doing the work is fine. I have only worked domestic since I started out myself and it took me a while to get the pricing of that ok. I am pricing a Restaurant that is going to be in a building that used to be a bank. All internals are being stripped back so it will be a blank canvas. Costing of materials and man hours I can do but it is taking me forever to do.I was wondering if there was an easier and quicker way to Price as I have another 3 jobs that are similar to this one and they need to be in soon as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If your talking decent size jobs it's just a case of point per point, an upping from domestic, I suppose. You'll just have to get your head down and live with it. The more you do the better you get and the more short cuts you find.
There are many different items involved in a restaurant, as well as different methods of installation required. It could be a very wide spectrum and there's nothing better than experience.
I would have thought there'd be a specification to work to, with a separate one for the kitchen requirements. If not, whose doing the design work.

It is best to speak to the cliant and pin him down what is reqired , has said plans you will reqire and of course a contract be for hand .

I have to wholeheartedly agree with what was said by Leesparkykent
Commercial work with its inherent higher cost cannot be left to chance

Pricing of domestic and commercial has to be no comparison,a Quantity surveyor is a must as far as I can foresee

I’ve just priced up a commercial job which had already been specified, bill of quants, etc.. Was a doddle, all the different aspects of the job were listed; item 1,2,3 etc with a column at the end for my costs..
No need for a big convoluted quote with the usual fancy words, just my figure next to each item and the total at the bottom.. quote done, accepted and starting 2nd week of July

Price per point or item, if you have experience doing commercial work then it should be fairly simple to know how long each point will take and what materials are required. Add a sensible mark up to your materials to allow for calculation errors, and don't forget things like parking, travel, O&M documentation etc... I'd Also allow for RAMS if required and un productive site visits / meetings that may be needed.

Reply to Pricing a restaurant in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock