Discuss pricing different ways in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekingiam

Regular EF Member
was just thinking as i do, when my sister had a quote for rewire sparky gave quote firstly on drop down pvc trunking everywhere i didn't like this method so i asked for another quote on chasing walls out i was told the price was the same.
so my question is in this type of scenario what would you charge?
the same as its only a 3bed terrace or would you lower price a bit for trunking or raise it.
by the way i can't spell scenario....is there a spell check here?

Tidy Max

Regular EF Member
I suppose with the trunking method you have to pay for the materials but with the chasing method you have extra labour time. Circular saw and a sds on rotary stop, i probably wouldn't change the price to be honest :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

D

Dave 85

I'd definite give a discount if it meant no chasing. The price difference between a length of oval conduit with a metal backbox and a length of mini trunking and a surface box has got to be next to nothing.
I hate chasing. You spend hours clearing up frikin rubble.

S

Swicade

I may be abit masochistic but i tend to price more for surface trunking installs in the hope they'll go for chopped in.

Nothing wrong with surface trunking install's....i just dont like to see it hence hate installing it.

D

dim_bulb

Get more quotes and in the long run chased will look much neater

D

Dave 85

Cant say I've ever actually rewired a house and used mini trunking, or even ever suggested it to a client but it'd be an easy job

ExArmy

Electrician's Arms
spent all day installing a length of mini trunking, and it looks bloody awful. i hate the stuff i'd much rather chase out to be honest

OP
T

thekingiam

Regular EF Member
i done the job myself in the end i didn't like the idea of trunking at all, electrician described putting trunking to every light switch and every socket it would of been a mess.
after alot of deliberating trying to persuade them to have everything chased in decided all light switches to keep original cables in and connect to new supply, upstairs sockets trunking from floor through skirting so could be covered,downstairs rooms two trunking feeds discreetly in corner some plasterboard walls so ok, 1 or two sockets connected to original cable from above.
i think for all the messing about trying to make as little trunking drops as possible next time either chased or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.