Discuss Pricing help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys first time on here so be gentle lol. Right I'm a qualified sparks for 30 years now, always worked for other company's and have only recently gone self employed and started my own business. I have a job to price and not sure how much to charge as this side is all new to me. The job is to supply 25m of 25mm 3 core swa to be laid in a trench which has already been dug, simple job prob do it in an hour but... i don't want to charge for 1 hours labour if you know what i mean, don't get me wrong I'm no rip off but don't want to be cheap either, the cable is costing me £324 inc vat. Im asking this because i asked another sparky I know who said oooh id say at least £650.
Thanks

I would say that £450-500 sounds reasonable if you think it will take an hour then charge for 2 at least to allow of getting there and potential c@k ups, and a % on the cable for sizing it sorting it out and getting it!
Don't sell yourself short!

Reply to Pricing help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Just need a bit of advice from some domestic sparks. I work in engineering so I don’t normally price domestic work. I need to remove a socket from...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views
Been asked to price for a job, customer is having attic done out so needs a few new circuits up there. Some more context I'm based in South Wales...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, 1st time posting here and id like to ask about pricing to get a general feel of where I fit in the domestic market. I...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. Need some help, wanting to add bathroom mirror with built in shaving port but don't want to chop into wall as I can't replace the tiles...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock