Discuss Pricing help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to pricing jobs and looking for some help.

I went to look at a job the guy is getting a new kitchen fitted and has already knocked a wall down which is took all electrics off for him and made safe. His consumer unit etc is all rcd protect which is fine

He wants two 1g switches changed.

I am in Scotland and I will be supplying all material

He wants 3 doubles sockets in. Walls are brick and there is room under floor. A sw spur for washing machine plus low level socket. 45 do sw moved and new outlet put in for hob. Wire a new light to go over a dining table including switch.

Also he wants old heating thermostat and programmer stripped out as he is getting a new system in which is at a later date.

Price your materials, calculate how many hours the job will take you (add one to be safe, you can alway take it off at the end) charge between £20 - £25ph for you. Add materials and hours, thats your price :)!

Hi,

Sorry to impose but I have a question for Farm Electrics but I didn't know how to contact him directly...

£50 a point, is that for all outlets on all circuits or would the price differ? Eg. Would you charge just £50 for an oven circuit which obviously has an isolation switch and an outlet, and also charge £50 a point on a lighting circuit and kitchen ring?

I'm in the process of starting my own business and need a little guidance. (London)

All replies would be most welcome and helpful.

Reply to Pricing help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock