Discuss pricing help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi all just been to look at a consumer unit upgrade for a customer all wiring tests out fine problem is theres no main bonds to the water or gas. going through the house is a nono, client doesnt want trunking nicely decorated house wooden floors throughout. only option i have is to go round the outside and back in ,gas 10 metre run and water about 25 metres, all would have to be done in plastic conduit as area known for scrap theft. Just started up on my own after working for a company for 5 years and just wanted advice on the price as i havent got a clue what to charge for doing the bonding. thanks in advance.

good luck getting help, we try not to assist with pricing unless in the arms, lets know a bit more about you and I'm sure help will arrive.

Mike

Work out how long you think it will take, work out an hourly rate you need to earn to make a decent living, add the two together and add price of materials. Thats how I always price a job. Make sure your hourly rate covers yourself for travel, fuel etc

Charge what you think will give you the profit you need to keep your business on track with your business plan. It depends on how much material, time and contribution to your overhead cost you need to include for. Everyone is different. There is no recommended retail price.

hi thanks for the quick replies, i've done my 2330, 17th edition and just done the 2392(waste of time that was) booked up to do 94/95 in february, gonna sort out part p scam in new year gonna use a couple of jobs done in my own house, maybe even this job if i get it. Have worked for a guy for the past 5 years doing domestic and commercial mainly. Still work for him now as subby but trying to build up my own clients as work isn't there as much as it used to be. always taught its pointless doing it unless you do it right. Always enjoyed electrics and was lucky in that my dad was a rare breed,a builder who employed proper sparks, so was always shadowing them from an early age learning what i could. Went away did a levels and stuff decided to train as a sparks at 21 and here i am 7 years later lol. been a nosy git on this forum for ages just never really posted. btw how do you become a pub member thanks again.

Reply to pricing help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock